Star of Indiana Souvies?

Since the Star Reunion corps will be performing during finals week, how about a Star souvie booth? What I would love to see...

-star magnets

-reprints of a select couple of t-shirts

-a tee with squares of art depicting each year of the corps...

they could also sell blast and brass theater DVDS, CDs, etc....

will this happen? i think it would be nice....

It does sound nice....I just wonder how well they would do with sales since the corps is no longer active.

You can't find any Suncoast Sound booths or Kingsmen souvie booths and whatnot, so that's just me. I just think that all of this marketing for the Countdown and stuff is more geared towards the younger generation of today and less of the past.

It's not to say a Star souvie booth would not do well, but I think more of the fans are likely to buy stuff from Crown, Blue Stars, etc....now Blast videos? Sure, they would do well for finals week.

Again, that's just my opinion.

i think it would only work if a reunion corps was performing finals week - like 27 a few years ago....

It does sound nice....I just wonder how well they would do with sales since the corps is no longer active.

You can't find any Suncoast Sound booths or Kingsmen souvie booths and whatnot, so that's just me. I just think that all of this marketing for the Countdown and stuff is more geared towards the younger generation of today and less of the past.

It's not to say a Star souvie booth would not do well, but I think more of the fans are likely to buy stuff from Crown, Blue Stars, etc....now Blast videos? Sure, they would do well for finals week.

Again, that's just my opinion.

i think it would only work if a reunion corps was performing finals week - like 27 a few years ago....

Right....that I do agree for finals week.

Here's the problem.

Who's gonna front the money for the inventory? What if they don't break even? What happens to the excess inventory?

It's a great idea and all, but not great from a business standpoint.

No, but you can find Suncoast Sound, Florida Wave, Sky Ryders, and Northwind shirts (and maybe a few others that i cannot recall at the moment) at the Teal Sound booth.

Since the Star Reunion corps will be performing during finals week, how about a Star souvie booth? What I would love to see...

-star magnets

-reprints of a select couple of t-shirts

-a tee with squares of art depicting each year of the corps...

they could also sell blast and brass theater DVDS, CDs, etc....

will this happen? i think it would be nice....

Actually, Kingsmen did have a souvie booth at Finals in 2007. I helped work it. It did quite well. And thank you Crossmen foir lending us some hangers and a few other things.

We sold shirts, hoodies, magnets, stickers- much of it sold out. Our performance on Friday night gave a lot of momentum to peak interest. I literally walked into the Rose Bowl gates around 2-3pm to help setup, and people who arrived early were already coming to see us. The only souvie I wish we had, was our perforrmance DVD. Everyone I talked to was asking for it. Having it literally 12 hours later would have been a herculean effort. But in time, it became a great production. (Shameless Plug..you can watch the performance, or find the DVD here, if you didnt get it/see it then...xkingsmen.com).

With Kingsmen Sr. last year, we had a souvie booth at all the shows we appeared.

We had a contiuation plan past our performance 07, (Alumni, Sr, Jr) and having this booth was very good for us.

I hope to see a booth for Star this year- or better, if it is for the effor of continuing past their performance...but even if ia continuing corps is not in the cards- Star United is already providing the WOW factor.

Edited by Dmlkmen

Sorry, (edited) double post

...Wanted to add to the post above.

Anyway, The Star Anthology DVD is a personal favrotie. Thats the DVD that goes with me, if someone asked the type of question, "whats a must have, if you were on an island alone..." I dont know if they are still selling that one??

Edited by Dmlkmen