What would you say if you had the chance?

I know you guys were dying to know how the Brahms lecture/concert went.

Lecture was terrific - made my wife happy having one more lecture from her favorite professor. I enjoyed it too.

The concert was excellent - the three vocal pieces centered around fate - a recurring theme here on DCP, whether we notice it or not, and one that's been on my mind for the past couple of days thinking about a sick friend.

The final piece was a piece for string quartet and piano written in 1861 and "arranged" by Arnold Schoenberg in 1936. People on here complain about Schoenberg regularly but I guarantee you if you heard this last movement with its gypsy themes performed by a top 10 corps you'd be up on your feet.

My son enjoyed the evening because he ran into some Crusader friends at Symphony Hall, and I enjoyed seeing my wife hanging with her academic crowd after dragging her to my drum corps events time and time again.

On the way home I was wondering - is it the music? or the people?

In our activity I think it's a hearty blend of both. Easy to get sappy and philosophical after a night of Brahms.

These crazy Romantics!

yes, yes

The chance of being in the same room with these Icons is an honor and a privilege ................ and getting to meet and talk with them is a memorable moment

BHOF members invite everyone to come and share another historical moment with us at this years induction ceremony.

BTW .................. you will also have the opportunity to hear many of them play that afternoon at the I&E show.

Bridgeport, CT Main Street Holiday Inn, April 24th ................. starting at 12:00 PM

Edited by CT_BugleBoy

yes, yes

The chance of being in the same room with these Icons is an honor and a privilege ................ and getting to meet and talk with them is a memorable moment

BHOF members invite everyone to come and share another historical moment with us at this years induction ceremony.

BTW .................. you will also have the opportunity to hear many of them play that afternoon at the I&E show.

Bridgeport, CT Main Street Holiday Inn, April 24th ................. starting at 12:00 PM

We probably won't be there at noon (our Jet is out for Charter) but,......to Honor our Arranger/Instructor/Soloist Mr. Jeff Gibbens.....we should be arriving mid afternoon in plenty of time for the Banquet. Just sayin.........

We probably won't be there at noon (our Jet is out for Charter) but,......to Honor our Arranger/Instructor/Soloist Mr. Jeff Gibbens.....we should be arriving mid afternoon in plenty of time for the Banquet. Just sayin.........

You only have one jet? And you let someone charter it that weekend?

I assume you'll be the ones with the paper bags over your heads due to embarrassment?

Sheesh... some people...

Kenton where's the BHoF 747 that weekend?

Recalled by TOYOTA ...

:thumbup:

You only have one jet? And you let someone charter it that weekend?

I assume you'll be the ones with the paper bags over your heads due to embarrassment?

Sheesh... some people...

We had the only available Antinov 124. The Blousemen needed it in order to rehearse their drill on their way to the Czech Republic. Just sayin....... :thumbup:

We had the only available Antinov 124. The Blousemen needed it in order to rehearse their drill on their way to the Czech Republic. Just sayin....... :thumbup:

They should have lots of time to rehease cause that piece of *#@( will land every time they get over a field bigger than football field. They would have been smarter to ride bikes.

I hope they sent their blouses separately...

They should have lots of time to rehease cause that piece of *#@( will land every time they get over a field bigger than football field. They would have been smarter to ride bikes.

I hope they sent their blouses separately...

...as a matter of fact they did send Blouses seperatly.......on a C5A Galaxy...very dependable albeit old. Just sayin........

...as a matter of fact they did send Blouses seperatly.......on a C5A Galaxy...very dependable albeit old. Just sayin........

Now I know you're BSing - if there were a C5 available, Hawthorne's alumni corps would have it as their private jet, until they could get an Airbus A380.