Beatrix new uniform

Pretty amazing video. However, the introduction of the uniform was better than the uniform itself, in my opinion. That stripe on the leg could be a visual NIGHTMARE and you can tell from this video, that those uniforms have to be perfectly fitted to look "right". I realize this is probably a prototype and that fitting the model wasn't really an option. I totally understand that. But it shows you, especially in the pants length and the jacket size, that a proper fitting can make, or unfortunately BREAK this uniform. I'm just not sold on this one.

Holland's Beatrix - a 2008 DCI Open Class Finalist and the 2008 DCI International Class Champion - debuts their new uniform.

Be sure to watch the video clip of the "reveal". They did it up!

http://www.stanbury.com/news_detail.asp?news_id=146

Beatrix didn't compete in Open Class. They are International Class according to DCI Scores. They scored higher than the 12th place Open Class corps so they were allowed to perform/compete in Open Class finals.

Very nice! I wonder about the blue panel on the front of the pants...memories of the infamous Blue Stars pants from a couple of years back.

Still...it'll look sharp on the field!

The problem with the Blue Stars uniform was that the color split on the pants was supposed to match up with the color split on the jacket but didn't most of the time.

The problem with the Blue Stars uniform was that the color split on the pants was supposed to match up with the color split on the jacket but didn't most of the time.

I thought it was more the differing colors on each leg made it look like the whole corps was limping....

Here is a video from a concert Beatrix' gave on the 5th May, a day where we in Holland celebrate our freedom, because on this day, 65 years ago, the second World War came to an end.

The video is from the website of the corps, so there is no problem with copyrights or any of that.

The vid contains snippets of show music and of course the corps in the new uniform!

Enjoy

I don't know why Stanbury uniforms as of late have been reminding me of Super Heroes. Yet at the same time they give a feeling of new currency....you can tell it's new but, it also looks fake.

Maybe I'm just into uniforms of the 90's...?? and I truly agree that if you're going to have a stripe...have 2 stripes and please down the seam. :)

My opinion only, of course.