Uniform Shoe

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corfram patent leather dress shoes in BD (that's what we wore, Doug)...didn't leave them on the field, as I would need them for the Air Force.

Also used them in Dagenham in 86 and Empire in 87

SoCal Dream 02...don't remember...I don't think we had a standard shoe....just something black. 03 Dinkles...awful shoes, but I wore them again in 04.

MTX in 05.

MTX the fave of the bunch.

Personally all i've ever marched with at my high school is MTX, (some of our rivals march with dinkles) I'm not a huge fan, I have narrow feet and high arches. The traction is good, but it always feels like I have a bit of space that shouldn't be there. I tried on a womans pair at one time (No i'm not a cross dresser) just to see if the narrowness was any better, and it was to much. Personally I would like to have MTX make a shoe that is a bit more narrower in mens, and perhaps a bit more arch. Compared to the Dinkles I like the MTX better, it's just that it doesn't fit my foot as well as I would prefer, and staying in them for longer than an hour causes lots of pain in my arches, any inserts cause my foot to no longer be "inside" the shoe. So that's what I would like to see out of MTX, but our band won't switch away from them.

You could always do what I did in high school (the shoes my MB wore didn't go up to the size I needed) and get yourself another brand; I doubt they'd know unless you told them. New Balance Dunham Collection are expensive, but very comfortable and look great.

Wore Dinkles in high school- they were more comfortable, but wore out way too quickly. Within a few shows, you'd wear holes in the sides of the shoes from back marching.

Wore Drillmasters for drum corps. Less comfortable, very little support, but incredibly sturdy. Didn't need to change out laces and they were easily cleaned with windex wipes.

You could always do what I did in high school (the shoes my MB wore didn't go up to the size I needed) and get yourself another brand; I doubt they'd know unless you told them. New Balance Dunham Collection are expensive, but very comfortable and look great.

New Balance makes a marching shoe? I LOVE New Balance for Walking/Running shoes. Where can you get them?