Your Favorite Corps

I have always been a fan of Minnesota Brass and Empire Statesmen. I will always be a major fan of the "yellow team" Grenadiers have a lot to overcome each year to make it to the field, but they still manage to go out there with 50, 65, 100 or whatever and still perform the crap out of their shows.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like MBI - they play the most interesting books well and same for Renegades

Class A - I have to go with Vigilantes - refreshing style and I'm a drum line guy.

Mini corps - Renegades hands down - style and cajones.

yah I'm a drumline guy too...watch Kingston this year!!!! Enjoy!!

All time favorite would be Sky! (Hurry back!)

Love the Renegades and got to put in a pitch for Shen Sound!

It was the late summer or early fall of 1956. The City of Paterson, NJ was dedicating a new mini-park near Firehouse #7 at the corner of Main Street and Gould Ave. My father and I walked six or seven blocks to get to the dedication. The street alongside what is now Nick's Pizzeria was a sea of red and black.

Before the ceremony started, a drum line played a bit (street beat) and then went into what I will always remember as The Caballero roll-off and right into "Cherry Pink....."

I was twelve years old....... I see no reason to switch favorites.....and I still like The Yankees, Texas Wieners from Hot Grill in Clifton, and vanilla ice cream. My wife (of forty-two years) still thinks drum corps is just noise. Ah........consistency.

Joe D.

(Pop and I sat at the 45-yard line at Hinchliffe Stadium for Grand Prix I.......and most that followed until his passing.)

I will root for them too! Their show will be very familiar to us here in Erie. I still want to have that beer with you. :happy:

[/quote

This year for sure Mike..I ain't getting any younger and I need to watch my son perform at DCA's ..so I will count on meeting you and having that beer...or 2..... :devil:

too tough to pick just one so i'll go with my old corps, the Westshoremen

Same feeling here.... I'll go with my old team, the Sunrisers. :devil:

Fran