G7 Proposal = DCI's BCS?

Is the G7 proposal trying to create a BCS-type system in DCI? Consider the parallels: A subset of the World Class corps is trying to set forth a system by which the rich get richer and have assumed access to the championship each year. In turn, the remaining corps (/conferences) have access in name only; while it may be technically possible for a non-auto qualifier to win a championship, a lot of things would need to fall into place over a multi-year period. While the occasional "Boise State" may crack the stronghold, access to the actual championship is unlikely. To continue the analogy, Open Class plays the role of the FCS (I-AA) schools, with a separate championship structure.

Is the G7 proposal trying to create a BCS-type system in DCI? Consider the parallels: A subset of the World Class corps is trying to set forth a system by which the rich get richer and have assumed access to the championship each year. In turn, the remaining corps (/conferences) have access in name only; while it may be technically possible for a non-auto qualifier to win a championship, a lot of things would need to fall into place over a multi-year period. While the occasional "Boise State" may crack the stronghold, access to the actual championship is unlikely. To continue the analogy, Open Class plays the role of the FCS (I-AA) schools, with a separate championship structure.

Interesting; however to make the analogy fit, the non-G7 would play the role of the FCS (I-AA) because the current Open Class corps would be kicked completly out of DCI.

I wasn't aware of the plan to kick OC completely out; but to me the non-G7 are the non-auto-qualifiers; they have access to the championship on paper, but in reality, it can't/won't happen. The OC/FCS are actually in a better place, because they at least have access to a championship, even though it's not the "big one".

I wasn't aware of the plan to kick OC completely out; but to me the non-G7 are the non-auto-qualifiers; they have access to the championship on paper, but in reality, it can't/won't happen. The OC/FCS are actually in a better place, because they at least have access to a championship, even though it's not the "big one".

Current G7 proposal:

Class 1) G7 only class, even in DCI competitions.

Class 2) All non G7 WC corps with the inclusion of just SCV Cadets, BDB, and the Colt Cadets

All other OC corps' are completly thrown out of the activity.

Current G7 proposal:

Class 1) G7 only class, even in DCI competitions.

Class 2) All non G7 WC corps with the inclusion of just SCV Cadets, BDB, and the Colt Cadets

All other OC corps' are completly thrown out of the activity.

[citation needed]

I haven't seen anything at all that implies this

And once the BCS system was put in place, no other football team outside of the BCS league system has won a National football Title. And once the BCS system was adopted, the overal league recruiting for the leagues in the BCS system went up over the leagues not in the BCS system. The BCS system in college football has been under lots of criticism. Criticism that lately has gone all the way to Congress, calling for an investigation. Some believe that when Big10 football expansion takes place there may be dominoes falling with teams scrambling to find BCS leagues to become members of. Once the dust clears, look for Congress to step in, and for lawsuits to fly left and right re. the legality of the BCS system. Thus, the BCS system adopted by some leagues in college football is precisely what DCI needs to avoid right now in terms of any model to consider for the future. Even some of the original proponents of the BCS system agree now that the BCS system that was created became a Frankenstein monster and is now spinning out of control with it's power and influence on college football.

Edited by BRASSO

[citation needed]

I haven't seen anything at all that implies this

Citation Provided: Quoting from the DCW breakdown of the actual proposal:

1) "The presentation laid out plans for a new classification of shows. One class featured the G7 corps and the aforementioned Friday and Sunday shows, as well as DCI-sanctioned shows the rest of the week."

2) "The other classes included the non-G7 World Class and only three of the current Open Class corps (those with World Class corps affiliation). They would have the opportunity to compete Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and at DCI regionals on Saturday."

3) "There was nothing included in the plan to accommodate the remaining Open Class corps."

So, by definition, G7 would be exclusive, the rest of the WC corps' as well as SCV Cadets, BDB, and Colt Cadets would compete against each other, and all other Open Class corps’ apart from those three mentioned above would be thrown out of DCI.

Edited by Stu

Awesome! Another G7 Thread!

Ok, so what is there currently more important to discuss? How would green socks and a pink sash look with an orange uniform? :tongue:

Would be quite fetching, with a peppermint red and white sash!