Conrad Hotel in Indy

spirit95gt

Hey everybody,

I just wanted to pass on this great deal that the Conrad Hotel (the luxury brand of Hilton hotels) in Indianapolis is running through Labor Day. All government employees can get the "Government Employee Appreciation Rate" of $94 for what is normally a $229 room. The only catch is the $33/night valet parking, which is pretty high, but the room rate more than makes up for it. I just booked my room for Friday night after Semifinals. The hotel is just a half-mile from the stadium so it's a pretty short walk. It's surrounded by great restaurants, including The Capital Grille, Ruth's Chris, and Morton's.

http://conradhotels1.hilton.com/en/ch/hote...ctyhocn=INDCICI

Sean Taylor

Spirit of Atlanta 1995 Tenors

Checked the site and looks like you could stick a good bit of the corps in those rooms. :blink::tongue:

Won't be there but any idea what you have to do to prove you're a Gov't employee? Used to do it by travel orders but been quite a while since I stayed at commercial quarters. And of course, don't think anyone will have T.O.s for Indy. :blink:

A car is not needed in Indy if you are staying downtown and just going to Lucas Oil or only doing other things in the downtown area. Everything is within an easy walk. Get a cab from the airport. If you take a bus, walk from the bus station to your downtown hotel. It's one reason to like Indy. A car is not necessary for many visitors, and forsaking it helps avoid the expensive hotel/stadium parking fees.

A car is not needed in Indy if you are staying downtown and just going to Lucas Oil or only doing other things in the downtown area. Everything is within an easy walk. Get a cab from the airport. If you take a bus, walk from the bus station to your downtown hotel. It's one reason to like Indy. A car is not necessary for many visitors, and forsaking it helps avoid the expensive hotel/stadium parking fees.

Just a footnote to above-we stayed at the Omni last year with no car; they and pretty much all of the others downtown charge for parking based on what we saw. The cab from the airport to downtown was $35-$40, IIRC. On the ride back to the airport, we asked the hotel if they could arrange for car service, and we ended up doubling up with another couple also going to the airport-so we split the cost and it only ended up costing us $25 (all prices I listed include the tip we added). We had an easy walk to everything, furthest excursion we took was to the zoo and that took us through the park where all the corps were warming up :tongue:

Sean thanks so much for the heads up! This offer was available for teachers too. Tried to go through online, but wasn't popping up. Called the number instead, and they stated there were none of those rates available anymore. He looked into it further and was able to secure me the same rate as mentioned above. That saved me over $50 a night from the place I was planning to stay at Downtown.

Checked the site and looks like you could stick a good bit of the corps in those rooms. :blink::tongue:

Won't be there but any idea what you have to do to prove you're a Gov't employee? Used to do it by travel orders but been quite a while since I stayed at commercial quarters. And of course, don't think anyone will have T.O.s for Indy. :blink:

They told me I just had to present some form of government ID or other proof of government employment such as a recent pay stub.

- Sean

Sean thanks so much for the heads up! This offer was available for teachers too. Tried to go through online, but wasn't popping up. Called the number instead, and they stated there were none of those rates available anymore. He looked into it further and was able to secure me the same rate as mentioned above. That saved me over $50 a night from the place I was planning to stay at Downtown.

You have to check the box for government/military rate to get those rates to show up. When I went through the online form, it gave me an error message when I clicked submit and I also had to call the number listed, but he got it sorted out pretty easily.

- Sean

You have to check the box for government/military rate to get those rates to show up. When I went through the online form, it gave me an error message when I clicked submit and I also had to call the number listed, but he got it sorted out pretty easily.

- Sean

Yeah that's what I did and only the higher prices were showing. Called and he said there was no more deals with that rate available anymore. He punched some things into his keyboard though and gave me the same rate.

I recommend staying at this hotel if you're going to Finals this year. i stayed there last year and it's a nice hotel. definitely in a good location for food and shopping. the staff was very friendly and helpful. i'd stay there again if i were going to indy.

They told me I just had to present some form of government ID or other proof of government employment such as a recent pay stub.

- Sean

LMAO... get my pay stub on line now. So all I have to do is print off a webpage.

"Sure I'm a Govt employee... it sez so on the Internet!!!" :worthy:

Thanks Sean, would be nice to show my badge to someone not wearing a gun. :thumbup: