1st Couple of Shows Seem Limited? "C3"

From the DCI website, it appears that the first couple of shows have only 3 corps each? Crown, Cadets and Cavaliers?

I guess this is the "C3" <laugh>

No need to go the first night when you can catch the same thing the second!

Jason

From the DCI website, it appears that the first couple of shows have only 3 corps each? Crown, Cadets and Cavaliers?

I guess this is the "C3" <laugh>

No need to go the first night when you can catch the same thing the second!

Jason

I sort of agree with you. In Allentown however, they're allowing audience members to ask questions to some of the staff (from what I've read). I think if I had the chance to go to the Allentown show instead of the Chesapeake show, I'd probably ask why they decided to do it this way. I would have liked to see more corps at either show.

From another thread.

Dearest Friends ..

the reason there are three corps performing twice, is that ONLY 3 corps were willing to come out on June 17th to perform. Surf ... not ready ... Raiders -- not ready; other corps; too far away or waiting to come out at a later date.

So ... we had three corps willing to perform on the 18th in Allentown and on the 19th in Chesapeake. We asked the good fellows at DCI if this was possible and they were more than accommodating. The judges are willing to play along. SO ....

Crown and the Cadets got together and said ... let's go twice, see if we can have a little fun and so something different to begin the season. We asked the Cavaliers to join in, we are paying them extra for being good guys ... and we are hoping to have some cool opening events, we are hoping to have some fun, and we are looking to launch the season.

There you have it. The deep, dark and convoluted reason for bringing the 2nd, 3rd and 4th ranked corps in the world, to Allentown, PA and having them perform twice, on what looks to be a fabulous night!!!!

Seems to me ... like a good time?

I am amazed at how many folks make up negative spin when all that is here ... is what is here. An honest and sincere attempt to give folks three hours of entertainment.

Crown, the Cadets and the Cavaliers are even playing two tunes together at the end of the night. Real tunes :-) !!! Fun tunes. And the kids say HI early on ...we get our sloppy shows on he field, and we begin the process of working harder than most anyone can imagine to achieve the highest possible levels of excellence.

The kids are pumped!!! How about you !!!! :-)!!!!! really ... seriously ... smile!! it's going to be fun!!!!

I believe the set up is the same for both the Allentown and Chesapeake shows.

I say we come up with names for all the early shows....Like the Charleston have:

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

Bluecoats - Canton, OH

The Cadets - Allentown, PA

Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

Glassmen - Toledo, OH

Spirit - Atlanta, GA

Teal Sound - Jacksonville, FL

So we could call it PBTCCCGST'S

(would of worked better if a vowel corps was there):)

BTW if its cavies, cadets and carolina crown wouldn't that make it the 4 C's?

Edited by blueorginal

I say we come up with names for all the early shows....Like the Charleston have:

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

Bluecoats - Canton, OH

The Cadets - Allentown, PA

Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

Glassmen - Toledo, OH

Spirit - Atlanta, GA

Teal Sound - Jacksonville, FL

So we could call it PBTCCCGST'S

(would of worked better if a vowel corps was there):)

BTW if its cavies, cadets and carolina crown wouldn't that make it the 4 C's?

And then they could showdown the next night against the five B's (and start at 8:09)....the next night....

Bluecoats, Boston, Blue Devils, Blue Knights, Blue Stars