Renegades

Anyone catch the Renegades at Stanford? They got a 66.963. No video on the DCI fan network of them. Why?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found it.

Edited by camel lips

seems to be a discrepancy in scores. DCI shows them 66.963

mdelcorso has them down for a 62.238

From Mdelcorso

Open Class:

01 (01) - 82.613 (1) - Buccaneers

02 (02) - 78.038 (1) - Caballeros

03 (NR) - 78.000 (2) - Minnesota Brass

04 (NR) - 77.475 (1) - Hurricanes

05 (03) - 71.550 (1) - Bushwackers

06 (NR) - 68.250 (2) - Kilties

07 (04) - 65.200 (4) - Alliance

08 (05) - 64.700 (4) - CorpsVets

09 (NR) - 62.238 (3) - Renegades

Class A:

01 (01) - 65.913 (1) - Fusion Core

02 (NR) - 64.888 (1) - Carolina Gold

Ok,,just got through watching the Renegades on the Fan network.

Looks like they are marching a ton of brass holes. About 32ish in brass. This is small for the Renegades.

Visually this show is not as demanding as some of the other DCA shows I have watched on the Fan NEtwork. It will be interesting to see where they go with this.

Battery seems full maybe short a quad or two. They are clean but very loud. Very out of balance. They over power the hornline. That will probably fix itself when they fill the horn line holes and get more confidence in the drill.

Guard is fairly large and have some wonderful colors.

The last couple of years I thought the Renegades kind of held back on the horn book. Like they were going for clean and boring as opposed to in your face balls out screaming. . This years book is much more like the Renegades I came to love in 2004. I think by the time they plug some of the holes its gonna be a heck of a show.

-

I would go with the DCI score for now, since the they are ones that did the judging.

Sounds good.

01 (01) - 82.613 (1) - Buccaneers

02 (02) - 78.038 (1) - Caballeros

03 (NR) - 78.000 (2) - Minnesota Brass

04 (NR) - 77.475 (1) - Hurricanes

05 (03) - 71.550 (1) - Bushwackers

06 (NR) - 68.250 (2) - Kilties

07 66.963 Renegades

08(04) - 65.200 (4) - Alliance

09(05) - 64.700 (4) - CorpsVets

Yes... Renegades do have some lower brass holes that they are looking to fill... I was unable to fill my own spot this season and there are a couple of others... So what does this mean?

If you have wanted to be a Renegade this is a good opportunity to try to do so! Go to www.renegades.org and Join up or at least donate! :blink::blink::blink::tongue::lol::thumbup::thumbup:

Ok,,just got through watching the Renegades on the Fan network.

Looks like they are .............

At least your review is much more positive than this one from the Open Class forum. It had me a little worried:

My review of the Stanford, CA show ................

San Fransisco Renegades:

Screaming.....not much else going on here.....and where there was screaming, it was bad....ouch

Also, I had heard that the score originally posted as a 62 but within an hour, it was changed to 66. Is there anyone that was there to hear the score announced that can clarify?

Edited by Just Another Sop

At least your review is much more positive than this one from the Open Class forum. It had me a little worried:

Also, I had heard that the score originally posted as a 62 but within an hour, it was changed to 66. Is there anyone that was there to hear the score announced that can clarify?

FWIW, I watched the webcast, and they did include retreat and the score announcement; however, the PA portion of the webcast was very muddled (unlike the corps' audio, which was very clear) and with substantial echo, so it was difficult to understand...but I thought I heard 62 as well. I know this was scored by DCI judges, but were they using DCI or DCA sheets? DCA corps have generally scored lower in the past when being scored on DCI sheets.

I tuned into the webcast too late to see their performance, but I did watch it later from the Video On Demand section. I thought they sounded better (and louder-not in a bad way) than their size, and am hoping that they can fill some of those brass holes. I do agree that at times the drums overpowered the horns, it seems like their drumline is complete or nearly so. I find it interesting that an OC reviewer is slinging mud at the Renegades; I've heard some OC corps doing parts of "The Planets", and it wasn't pretty-just MHO-but that goes back to a complaint I've had for years that some corps staffs are too stubborn to re-think their selections when they try to force a corps that just doesn't haven't the talent to perform very difficult musical books.