Most legendary show!

1989 Blessed Sac another step forward.

Agreed--a beautiful and underrated show.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is one show that you've seen that you'll never forget? Mine is Northern Lights 2004, it showed me that winterguard wasn't just for girls and that guys weren't after thoughts in the guard world. (although my friend swears that guys in guard are disgusting, don't worry should won't be around much longer :tongue: )

First of all, you're friend is a complete idiot. As Kathy Griffin (commediene, if you didn't know) would say: "SHE CAN SUCK IT"

I'm male, almost 50 years old, have been in Colorguard since 1979, and take HUGE offense to your idiot friend's comment.

She obviously isn't aware (that its widely known) that males are more apt at Colorguard than females are - sorry, but its a known fact.

Don't get me wrong, I've always been a HUGE female supporter (in all aspects of life), but on this we're clear...

There's no way we could've come this far in CG development without BOTH males & females, so this discussion is actually moot...

I realize this is a controversial statement, but sometimes truth & knowledge hurts, especially when you're clearly in the wrong (idiot friend).

I hope she (idiot friend) somehow sees the error in her statement, but it sounds more like she just needs a really good dose of reality

First of all, you're friend is a complete idiot. As Kathy Griffin (commediene, if you didn't know) would say: "SHE CAN SUCK IT"

I'm male, almost 50 years old, have been in Colorguard since 1979, and take HUGE offense to your idiot friend's comment.

She obviously isn't aware (that its widely known) that males are more apt at Colorguard than females are - sorry, but its a known fact.

Don't get me wrong, I've always been a HUGE female supporter (in all aspects of life), but on this we're clear...

There's no way we could've come this far in CG development without BOTH males & females, so this discussion is actually moot...

I realize this is a controversial statement, but sometimes truth & knowledge hurts, especially when you're clearly in the wrong (idiot friend).

I hope she (idiot friend) somehow sees the error in her statement, but it sounds more like she just needs a really good dose of reality

All of this is exactly what I told her! She's just really closeminded, poor girl, it's really her parents fault. Unfortunately in my area I felt I was really the only guy interested in guard, and my band director couldn't find anyone to replace as head drum major so I've been doing that for two years, instead of what I really want to do. I tried to start a winterguard at my school, but to no avail. People weren't really interested, and our fall guard director was too busy anyway. =/

Not sure where you are in Georgia,

Check out Northgate Independent.

All of this is exactly what I told her! She's just really closeminded, poor girl, it's really her parents fault. Unfortunately in my area I felt I was really the only guy interested in guard, and my band director couldn't find anyone to replace as head drum major so I've been doing that for two years, instead of what I really want to do. I tried to start a winterguard at my school, but to no avail. People weren't really interested, and our fall guard director was too busy anyway. =/

Two more classic shows!

(When colorguard was colorguard)

1985 Erte Productions changed the activity

1989 Blessed Sac another step forward.

Not sure where you are in Georgia,

Check out Northgate Independent.

Oh I was, but I'm going to college in Ohio so I'm defintely looking for guards up there. I loved Northgate though, one of my friends march there.

Well I havent seen any of these IW guards, just Premonition and Braddock (Im just a teen from the SFWGA curcuit)

So im going to go with a scholastic world and that owuld be

Flanagan '07

This will be a long list:

1981 and 1982 Skylarks

1992 Emerald Marquis - Amazing Grace

1992 San Jose Raiders - Good Morning, Vietnam

1996 Blue Devils - Summertime

1997 Pride of Cincinnati - Alcatraz

2000 Fantasia - City of Glass

2001 Pride of Cincinnati - Channel One Suite

1998 and 1999 Shaktai

1999 Chimeras - Time to Say Goodbye

1997 Chimeras - Potters Wheel

1996 St. Ann's - Shaker Loops

1998 St. Ann's Open

1998 Golden Sabres

1997 Patriots, 1998 Patriots, and 1999 Patriots

1998 Blue Devils - I'd Walk Through the Snow Barefoot if you'd open up your door.

1997 Emerald Marquis - Chairman Dances

1995 and 1996 Emerald Marquis

1999 Emerald Marquis - The Great Divide