Rochester Grey Knights

The Rochester Grey Knights have lost another member. Ken Verstraete passed away this morning 8 Jul 2010. Ken was a long time member of the corps and past Commander of Grey Knights Post 972. He was the color guard captain in the corps. Ken marched with the 1965 Grey Knights/Crusaders that won the 1965 Senior American Legion Nationals in Portland Oregon.

Ken continued his love of drum corps by attending local shows and the DCA Finals when in Rochester for years.

I'm so sorry to here this. I marched with Ken in the 1962 Grey Knights. He was a role model for this 16 year old youngster. I saw him a few times in later years and he never seemed to age

Grey Knights Alumni have lost a great leader.

Ken was one of my "Godfathers".... just a great and gentle man in every way.... he was all Grey Knight but so proud of our '65 super corps.... He wore the Crusader uniform well... and helped keep Bob Ashton out of trouble.

Rest in peace old friend.

he was a good man. he will be missed.

Ken was one of my "Godfathers".... just a great and gentle man in every way.... he was all Grey Knight but so proud of our '65 super corps.... He wore the Crusader uniform well... and helped keep Bob Ashton out of trouble.

Rest in peace old friend.

You're absolutely right about Ken-he was a really great guy. However there were some times even he couldn't keep Kinky completely out of trouble!

RIP Kenny