Dixie Stinger 2011

If the Yankee Rebels are no longer a performing corps, and the Dixie Stinger 2011 is still going to go on, WHO is going to be sponsoring/running the Dixie Stinger? :lol:

If the Yankee Rebels are no longer a performing corps, and the Dixie Stinger 2011 is still going to go on, WHO is going to be sponsoring/running the Dixie Stinger? :lol:

I would imagine it would be the YR Alumni Association ... no? ... they still have an active web site ...

:-)

I would imagine it would be the YR Alumni Association ... no? ... they still have an active web site ...

:-)

A lot of people make the mistake of thinking that the performing corps and the alumni association are one in the same. They are not. The Yankee Rebel Alumni Association is a completely separate organization from the performing corps. We (the alumni association), are not folding and continue to be a vibrantly active social organization and member of GAS. I know for a fact that the YR Alumni Association is not sponsoring the Dixie Stinger. I should know, I'm the Vice President of the alumni association.

A lot of people make the mistake of thinking that the performing corps and the alumni association are one in the same. They are not. The Yankee Rebel Alumni Association is a completely separate organization from the performing corps. We (the alumni association), are not folding and continue to be a vibrantly active social organization and member of GAS. I know for a fact that the YR Alumni Association is not sponsoring the Dixie Stinger. I should know, I'm the Vice President of the alumni association.

Sky's Alumni runs the same way ... two separate orgs for the Alumni Assoc and the Alumni Corps ... set up that way from the beginning for financial reasons ... I knew YR operated as two separate Alumni groups ... I just assumed the show reigns would be taken over by the Alumni Assoc as it's totally associated with the YR name ... and would seem to be a good money maker ...

I can't understand how it can remain the Dixie Stinger when the corps and the Alumni will not be running it. It will never be the same without all the great Yankee Rebels who gave their hearts and Souls running this show year after year.

Phil and Dolores Gentile ran a great show for many years. Their family was the backbone of the whole corps. I for one will retire. The countless hours volunteered by many of the older members year after year. I hope they run it like the corps. Time will tell.

I can't understand how it can remain the Dixie Stinger when the corps and the Alumni will not be running it. It will never be the same without all the great Yankee Rebels who gave their hearts and Souls running this show year after year.

Phil and Dolores Gentile ran a great show for many years. Their family was the backbone of the whole corps. I for one will retire. The countless hours volunteered by many of the older members year after year. I hope they run it like the corps. Time will tell.

Well we know the food won't be the same!

Thanks to you and your crew Bea. It was an added bonus to us that the food part was AWESOME!

George

Well we know the food won't be the same!

Thanks to you and your crew Bea. It was an added bonus to us that the food part was AWESOME!

George

Thanks George. Somethings never remain the same. I will miss the preparations for the Stinger and the people that volunteered year after year. It was always the same crew. The average age of those volunteers besides Gus and I were in their late 70's. God Bless their dedication to the corps.

And George I will not give my secrets up. No one can match what Dolores, Janet , Anita, Stan, Mary Catherine, Donna, Debbie and Donna Gentile,Betty, Cheryl, Kathy, Roe, Marge and myself cooked, served and with a southern smile. I learned alot from these wonderful people.

Alot of love and dedication went into that food program. Great cooks and people. Love to all of them.

• 8 months later...

Thanks George. Somethings never remain the same. I will miss the preparations for the Stinger and the people that volunteered year after year. It was always the same crew. The average age of those volunteers besides Gus and I were in their late 70's. God Bless their dedication to the corps.

And George I will not give my secrets up. No one can match what Dolores, Janet , Anita, Stan, Mary Catherine, Donna, Debbie and Donna Gentile,Betty, Cheryl, Kathy, Roe, Marge and myself cooked, served and with a southern smile. I learned alot from these wonderful people.

Alot of love and dedication went into that food program. Great cooks and people. Love to all of them.

Well, I'm not sure exactly who ran the Dixie Stinger but Phil Gentile ws working the cash register in the cafeteria and the food was terrific. Great time at Patapsco High School!

Well, I'm not sure exactly who ran the Dixie Stinger but Phil Gentile ws working the cash register in the cafeteria and the food was terrific. Great time at Patapsco High School!

Amen to that. The food was great.....And so was the show :-)