Any chance Teal makes it past Thursday?

Absolutely, DCI is a judged, competitive activity. Normally, I'd not post in a thread like this, but I want to echo what Jeff and Doug said. We really don't care where we place. We have two goals for this summer that we feel it's very important to meet:

1. Provide our members with a positive, educational experience that they will want to continue with in the future

2. Entertain the audience

Anything past that is frosting on a really good cake. If we place ahead of anyone else, hey, that's cool, but is is NOT in any way a goal.

Can Teal make semis? Maybe. Time and the ability of our members will tell. It's our job as a staff to give them the very bet vehicle we can, and I think we're doing that. As long as we provide a unique, positive experience for the kids and the audience, we'll do just fine. We're building a corps that will stand the test of time.

We have a young, inexperienced corps. Not one member has DCI World Class experience. And to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't want it any other way.

John, that is an AWESOME philosophy to have!! I am excited to see how great you guys end up being by the end of the season!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a young, inexperienced corps. Not one member has DCI World Class experience. And to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't want it any other way.

that makes the show even more impressive to me. Keep kicking ###!!!

Teal has beaten Pioneer at every show. Sorry, Ed but judges are still seeing Teal well above Pioneer (not that that is any indication of excellence but it is for this topic thread).

That all says nothing. Remember 1996? Pioneer was 14th all season and were 20th eventually while Les Etoils made it to 15th and where nowhere near (over 7 points behind a week before DCI. This game isn't over till it's over!

Teal has beaten Pioneer at every show. Sorry, Ed but judges are still seeing Teal well above Pioneer (not that that is any indication of excellence but it is for this topic thread).

That all says nothing. Remember 1996? Pioneer was 14th all season and were 20th eventually while Les Etoils made it to 15th and where nowhere near (over 7 points behind a week before DCI. This game isn't over till it's over!

Thread asked if Teal can make it past Thursday which requires a score that would be better than Pioneer among others.

To date Pioneer has not beaten Teal.

Not saying what will happen... just stated that this thread requires scoring to backup comments that the original poster had made.