So I&E is this weekend in San Antonio for those who didn't know.

I understand the move and everything, but why isn't there any promotion for the event at all?

I can't seem find any info on DCI.org about it. Is it still open to the public?

All the info I have is that its at the Judson High School Performing Arts Center in Converse, TX.

Saturday, July 24, 2010 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM

Sunday, July 25, 2010 from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM

If a corps marches on Saturday then their I&E is on Sunday and visa versa.

How big is Judson's performing art center?

How will making the competition a 2 day event affect judging?

I just wouldn't want to be the very first entry on Saturday, and then have the competition end 24 hrs later.

Are there going to be less entries this year because of the change?

Thoughts, comments, and anybody have anymore info?

Edit: I also heard the winners will be announced at the ATL regional.

Edited by southtxbones

I don't have the answers to your questions, though it's not unusual for I&E to get shortchanged on promotion; however, I just want to say I think it's a great idea to do it earlier in the season than championship week. More corps might be willing to let their members participate if it wasn't one more thing to distract them during the final week of the season.

This just makes me wish for a return to regional circuits. DCM held an AWESOME I&E/Fun day for all the corps at Midwest Championships at the end of first tour. This usually led everyone right into the DCI/2nd tour that started mid July.

The thing that made it great was that it was held outdoors in front of all the corps that were there. Multiple tents all around the stadium, packed with your piers and instructors from other corps checking out your talent. It was uber fun. Followed by hot dogs, tug of war, super sized soccer and plenty of time to just chill out and have a great memory for the summer mixing with 10 other corps for hours and hours.

DCM was an excellent opportunity to get this type of performance experience in front of a crowd as an individual or with your small group, and it was up close and personal. It was a great stepping stone for DCI I&E. I guess my first 4 years in drum corps were spoiled ones ....... because the corps I was involved with found huge educational value in these events and didn't mind taking the time out of the schedule or during free time to polish our performances or lend instruction to our practices.

Besides, it was always great seeing some kid from the 37th place corps come in and make top 3 or win an event at I&E. Just proved that there was talent everywhere and it couldn't always be measured by the uniform one wears.

This just makes me wish for a return to regional circuits. DCM held an AWESOME I&E/Fun day for all the corps at Midwest Championships at the end of first tour. This usually led everyone right into the DCI/2nd tour that started mid July.

The thing that made it great was that it was held outdoors in front of all the corps that were there. Multiple tents all around the stadium, packed with your piers and instructors from other corps checking out your talent. It was uber fun. Followed by hot dogs, tug of war, super sized soccer and plenty of time to just chill out and have a great memory for the summer mixing with 10 other corps for hours and hours.

DCM was an excellent opportunity to get this type of performance experience in front of a crowd as an individual or with your small group, and it was up close and personal. It was a great stepping stone for DCI I&E. I guess my first 4 years in drum corps were spoiled ones ....... because the corps I was involved with found huge educational value in these events and didn't mind taking the time out of the schedule or during free time to polish our performances or lend instruction to our practices.

Besides, it was always great seeing some kid from the 37th place corps come in and make top 3 or win an event at I&E. Just proved that there was talent everywhere and it couldn't always be measured by the uniform one wears.

THIS.

OMFG THIS.

Indeed.

Fun Day at DeKalb was awesome! C'mon, Bus pushing, that game with the HUGE ball in the stadium, TUG O WAR!!!

Nobody did it like DCM! The corps kids today are severely shortchanged.

I just heard the ghost of of a hundred midwest stadiums' retreats when the announcer would talk about DCM and its championship.

"....with fun and games like tug-of-war and pushball!"