What factors define a corps "identity"?

While watching the Houston show last night, my wife and I had a discussion which spawned a "what if" type of question that I would be very interested in hearing discussed.

Assume for a minute that you have not seen any of the shows this year, and have no knowledge as to what the different corps intend to present. Also assume that each corps performs in identical uniforms, and you are NOT told by the announcer which corps is coming on the field. Would it be possible to identify which corps is which, and how? Are there components in marching or music, style, etc. that define a unique identity for each (or maybe just some) corps?, And if so, what are those components? (Note: I'm not thinking in terms of relative quality or personal preference factors here.)

Although I am a long time fan, and have a few fuzzy notions about how I might answer, I'm very interested in hearing the responses of the many fans here on DCP. Hopefully, they will illuminate things that I haven't really noticed or considered, and will add to my viewing entertainment.

So, whatcha think?

Sound and style of the hornline/drumline could be quick giveaways for several corps. Marching style would give away some corps right away, and gender would immediately identify two corps.

Honestly.. i can tell a corps just by their music. Especially corps who have had consistent arrangers/designers lately. Horn lines are a dead give away. Visually a lot would be easy to read.

If under your conditions I had to identify corps, I would be willing to bet money on my decisions. Might have more trouble though further down the ranks as identities are not as strong and many of those corps just don't have the consistency needed with their staff and such.

Consistency builds identities. For instance, Phantom's hornline always has a different sound since JD has been there. Slight differences year to year, but even with the switch of horns I can tell it is Phantom.. especially from JD's brass books. And Rennicks drum books are quite distinctive. Same with many of the top corps.