CLASS Championship

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While we wait for scores I would like to thank ESPN and our announcers this evening for covering the show and impressing to the world what a great activity we have! CLASS has become one of the leading organizations across all of the marching arts spanning several activities and we are proud of what we have accomplished. Every single one of our world class organizations brings the best to the activity regardless of level of experience, development or size! Time and again its a CLASS Corps who is out there taking the gold at show after show and it makes me proud of what we have accomplished. Our directors are among some of the most passionate and active within the activity! We are the only organization to sponsor a full tour for the old guys to still come out and strut their stuff in CLASS ACT. IN short if your dedicated, committed and love this activity, CLASS is the place for you and we thank you for joining us at our CLASS Championship, the primer pre-World Championship Championship!

Thank you to our directors, all our kids and to YOU the fans! BUT ITS NOT OVER YET!!! Now lets go break some 90’s!!! MORE Important, lets bring the world Championship BACK to CLASS for a third year ina row!!!!

Edited by gcurrier

Well no championships for the VK Org. at the CLASS Championships this year but did represent ourselves quite well bring home 1 silver and 2 bronze medals. Having a great summer traveling the country is cool, even better is when each member of the Org. gets to bring home some neck bling to boot.

Now on to the one that really matters, bringing home that finalist medal from DCPI Championships. If it says anything other than finalist would be a bonus, but just making the big dance will be something this year.

All we can say here at the Minnesota Marching Organization is WOW!!! What a display put on by 3 of the 4 corps. The World Class Corps is still over in Europe having the time of their lifes and enjoying the experiences that Europe has to offer!

We are proud to be apart of the CLASS Organization and keeping the tradition of excellence going! We never thought we as an organization (MMMO) would take 3 gold medals. It truly was an honor for each of the Drum Majors from each MMMO corps to be called up last to have the Gold Medal placed around there necks.

The Minnesota Cadets have been workign there tails off to try and polish this show and that work was rewarded last night. Are there things to still work on in the next few weeks? You betcha (yes, that is Minnesota talk right there). The corps has a few shows in FL and GA in the next few days but then a few days of rehearsal to max out this show before finals. The corps is sitting in excellent position to make run at the championship in there first year of existance. The kids are just having fun and enjoying the summer!

The Minnesota Scouts have been on fire recently. They have won or placed in the top 5 in most of their shows in the past few weeks. Each section continues to get stronger as the season moves on. Again, this corps is in their first year of competition and are in prime position to battle for a championship. The kids, as usual, are having a blast performing this show and entertaining crowds across America. As with the MN Cadets, the Scouts have a few more shows and then some much needed rehearsal days to get everything out of this show as they possibly can.

Finally, the senior corps, Minnesota Madness Senior, put on a display that had many of the World Class corps shaking there heads. The precision of the drumline, the power and umph of the hornline and the pagentry and beauty displayed by the color guard was simply amazing. The corps recieved many standing O's and they fed off the energy the crowd was giving them. Like the other 2 MMMO corps, the senior corps is in great position to make a run at the DCA title but understand there is plenty of season left and anything can happen. They are just happy that after 2 shows, they have to victories to add to there confidence.

Thank you CLASS Organization for putting on a great show. Again, we here at MMMO are proud to be apart of such a CLASS group of corps and are looking forward, hopefully, bringing more championships to the CLASS Organization!!!

WHAT A NIGHT!!!

Wonder how MN Madness would have done if they were at the show last night? It might have been a clean sweet ;)

What an incredible show! Top to bottom, a spectacular event!

Gratz to all the competitors, ESPN and CLASS for such an awesome experience.

Our 2nd place (Barnstormers) and 4th place (C.Lions) are greatly pleased to have attended this magnificently run festival of entertainment (it really was a festival! The size of the crowd was overwhelming!), and will gladly sign on to appear at next seasons engagement!

My apologies to all that still wanted some roast pig - we ran out shortly after 9pm - I'll need to plan that a bit better next time. We still had plenty of beer left when I woke this morn though... I'm surprised to have to say for next time, "Less Beer, More Pig." Our cook is gonna think I've lost it... :tongue:

Side note: Looks like there could be some serious battles for the upcoming WI State Champions - with under two weeks to the finals, Great Lakers and Crimson Lions are both putting up some healthy scores! Here's to hoping for an amazing finish! :smile:

in 4th place with a score of 75.9 Triglav

Wow. :smile:

First time in 22 Class Act shows that Triglav has failed to medal (dating back to Class Act Season IV, 1/18/09 in San Antonio, TX). It's only the 5th time in corps history (30 shows) the corps has not medalled, with three of those happening in the corps' first season.

Oh well, onward and upward. Looks like I might actually need to make some caption changes this season!

Wanted to add this on to my previous post:

I went looking for the Barnstormers this morn', to congratulate them and all that, but found them no where around. According to Carla, one of our drivers, "They left real early, out to tour all of Kentucky's distilleries. You know them ol' bucks, had to go visit all the legendary spots. hehe! Oh, don't worry such! We'll probably be gettin' calls from the authorities shortly, lettin' us know where they are."

I see a lot more gray hair in my future... :smile:

Wow. :grouphug:

First time in 22 Class Act shows that Triglav has failed to medal (dating back to Class Act Season IV, 1/18/09 in San Antonio, TX). It's only the 5th time in corps history (30 shows) the corps has not medalled, with three of those happening in the corps' first season.

Oh well, onward and upward. Looks like I might actually need to make some caption changes this season!

you think you were shocked! i triple checked then checked again! lol i am allowing for one change for all corps the week AFTER dci finals...so 16th-20th at which point i may actually allow late arrivals as well--penalty? i dont know--might come up with some creative challenge

what i loved is how the crowd started with EAST-WEST back and forth before the final two scores were announced which just turned to KNIGHTS and no one could decide was it VK or THE Knights! I say BOTH! BOTH corps represented by BREAKING 90!!! Only two corps thus far---one more CLASS corps and we win my challenge!!! GREAT JOB GUYS! Our Defending Gold and Silver World Champions did us PROUD once again!!!! GREAT JOB

THEN the ceremonial passing of the sword was priceless as the corps played their encore piece Invincible by Muse....