Pageant of Drums Show Thread!

This thread will capture all information and discussion about our show, Pageant of Drums. Held in Cicero, NY, on Saturday, August 14th at 7PM. Hopefully, it will also be used by :tongue: Kevin Gamin for his live feed! We wanted to provide a place for that. This is our home show and is held in the Syracuse, NY area -- in case you didn't know where Cicero, NY was! Now, let the discussions begin.

PAGEANT OF DRUMS:

The Brigadiers Music Association is putting on one more jam-packed Drum and Bugle Corps show this summer!

We have a new show site link which can be used for more information and ticket ordering by clicking on the .pdf at the bottom of each show's announcement. Here's the link to click:

Brigadiers' Show Site Link

Things to know:

>>> Buccaneers, Empire Statesmen, Grenadiers, White Sabers, Excelsior...Mighty St. Joe's!

>>> The tickets are on sale now. They are all General Admission. Get there early to get the 50! And, order early... You don't want to be waiting in line at the ticket booth!!

>>> You know it's a family-friendly events when I say that, "children 8 and under, accompanied by an adult are free!" WHAT???!!!

>>> This show, PAGEANT OF DRUMS, will feature a spectacular performance by the Brigadiers Summer Visual Ensemble!

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

Edited by SkipMebden

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Buccaneers are looking forward to the show very much!

We will once again be guests of music educator Mike Phillips and the Mexico H.S. community. We'll be pulling into town in the wee hours of Saturday morning, and we'll be rehearsing in the football stadium and on school grounds. The public is certainly invited to stop by, say hi and check out rehearsal. We're grateful to Mike and the school community for welcoming us back once again this year and are excited to perform for this crowd!

MMX

The Buccaneers are looking forward to the show very much!

We will once again be guests of music educator Mike Phillips and the Mexico H.S. community. We'll be pulling into town in the wee hours of Saturday morning, and we'll be rehearsing in the football stadium and on school grounds. The public is certainly invited to stop by, say hi and check out rehearsal. We're grateful to Mike and the school community for welcoming us back once again this year and are excited to perform for this crowd!

MMX

We're very glad to have you with us Buccaneers! What a treat for the Mexico area and anyone who can attend your rehearsal!

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

We're very glad to have you with us Buccaneers! What a treat for the Mexico area and anyone who can attend your rehearsal!

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

Just a suggestion Scott... with Bucs staying in Mexico (home of my first field competitive drum corps - Mexico Grey Barons - led by Mexico HS Band Director Sheldon K Blank) you should send a pr release to the Oswego Palladium Times ... there are a heck of a lot of old drum corps people in the triangle from Mexico to Oswego to Fulton...

Tom:

Great minds think alike!

Mike Phillips and I put together a release, with photos, about the visit so we could draw local music students, and others, to the stadium for some free entertainment and, hopefully, something educational. He could have been intending to send the release to the same paper (I'm at work and don't have access to home email or I'd check now). If so, we can avoid duplicative efforts.

Scott, I will confirm which paper Mike was planning to send the release. If you want, I can check with Mike to see if it's been sent yet and, if not, I can connect the two of you.

PM me with details and we'll go from there!

Tom

Edited by TomMoore

great

tell Mike Phillips I'd be glad to tell him some stories about his "well known and recognized" predecessor. Shell was quite a guy... not to mention being almost 7 foot tall. Not only was he the perfect major to be seen in the pre-podium days, he was a wonderful musician and bandmaster...

Tom:

Great minds think alike!

Mike Phillips and I put together a release, with photos, about the visit so we could draw local music students, and others, to the stadium for some free entertainment and, hopfully, something educational. He could have been intending to send the release to the same paper (I'm at work and don't have access to home email or I'd check now). If so, we can avoid duplicative efforts.

Scott, I will confirm which paper Mike was planning to send the release. If you want, I can check with Mike to see if it's been sent yet and, if not, I can connect the two of you.

PM me with details and we'll go from there!

Tom

Thank you both!! Great ideas!!

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

• 2 weeks later...

This is the week for Pageant of Drums folks! Saturday, August 14th, 7PM!!

See the Buccaneers!

See the Empire Statesmen!

See the Kingston Grenadiers!

See the White Sabers!

See Excelsior!

See the Purple Lancers!

See Mighty St. Joe's!

See The Brigadiers Summer Visual Ensemble!!

Pretty nice match-ups, eh?

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

This thread will capture all information and discussion about our show, Pageant of Drums. Held in Cicero, NY, on Saturday, August 14th at 7PM. Hopefully, it will also be used by :thumbup: Kevin Gamin for his live feed! We wanted to provide a place for that. This is our home show and is held in the Syracuse, NY area -- in case you didn't know where Cicero, NY was! Now, let the discussions begin.

PAGEANT OF DRUMS:

The Brigadiers Music Association is putting on one more jam-packed Drum and Bugle Corps show this summer!

We have a new show site link which can be used for more information and ticket ordering by clicking on the .pdf at the bottom of each show's announcement. Here's the link to click:

Brigadiers' Show Site Link

Things to know:

>>> Buccaneers, Empire Statesmen, Grenadiers, White Sabers, Excelsior...Mighty St. Joe's!

>>> The tickets are on sale now. They are all General Admission. Get there early to get the 50! And, order early... You don't want to be waiting in line at the ticket booth!!

>>> You know it's a family-friendly events when I say that, "children 8 and under, accompanied by an adult are free!" WHAT???!!!

>>> This show, PAGEANT OF DRUMS, will feature a spectacular performance by the Brigadiers Summer Visual Ensemble!

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

How do you all think the :tongue: Reading Buccaneers will compare and contrast with the :worthy: Empire Statesmen on Saturday night?

The Effect of Their Different Styles:

Power:

Technique:

Emotional Effect on the Audience:

Balance:

Horns:

Percussion:

Color Guard:

Mystique:

Score.

Both are proven winners and Multiple World Champions. How will they stack up?

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-