Phantom's color guard

Hi all,

just finished watching the Atlanta Regional VOD's. I have to say I'm really impressed with how far Phantom's guard has come this year. They were pretty much a mess at the beginning of the season - but boy what a change - and they are light years ahead of last year's slighty "tacky" show.

I might be in the minority, but I love the flag and weapon book writing. I think some people aren't getting it because it's very nuanced and detailed (not so much about big tricks and tosses) and in order for it to work, the performer has to really understand the music and interpret the phrasings - not just the counts - and that type of work takes much longer to clean and perform (think Sonnor winter guard in the early '90's)

So big kudos Regiment color guard - I'm very impressed!

Later,

Mike

Hi all,

just finished watching the Atlanta Regional VOD's. I have to say I'm really impressed with how far Phantom's guard has come this year. They were pretty much a mess at the beginning of the season - but boy what a change - and they are light years ahead of last year's slighty "tacky" show.

I might be in the minority, but I love the flag and weapon book writing. I think some people aren't getting it because it's very nuanced and detailed (not so much about big tricks and tosses) and in order for it to work, the performer has to really understand the music and interpret the phrasings - not just the counts - and that type of work takes much longer to clean and perform (think Sonnor winter guard in the early '90's)

So big kudos Regiment color guard - I'm very impressed!

Later,

Mike

Mike,

I watched them in Atlanta and I thought they were pretty good, and I agree they have improved greatly over the summer...and there are two weeks left!

Chris

Mike,

I watched them in Atlanta and I thought they were pretty good, and I agree they have improved greatly over the summer...and there are two weeks left!

Chris

If I am reading the recap correctly, looks like the PR guard beat the Cadets guard last night.

I still see them behind

MS

BC

PR guard scored high, to keep them in the mix..

PR's guard is placed well on the field and have complimentary drill..

Edited by Cop

I like the way they are written into the drill and I have to say that those are the best guard uniforms I have seen in a while - very elegant for both the boys and girls

Later,

Mike

I like the way they are written into the drill and I have to say that those are the best guard uniforms I have seen in a while - very elegant for both the boys and girls

Later,

Mike

Costumes do work great with the "flow" of their show..

Later,

Mike

They have one of the only guard outfits that "doesn't" look like it was affected by the explosion at the crayon store....

I have no idea what Adam Sage was thinking but the outfits on Crown's guard are horrible. He's like the Tim Burton of color guard costumes..........

Edited by LincolnV