Rochester

So...since we only go to Finals Sunday night, we will have all of Sunday to do something in Rochester. Last year we did Niagara Falls, but this year we are looking for something else to do in/near Rochester...it can be fun, educational, active...we're open to suggestions....like we just saw this Haror Town Belle "Mark Twain" cruise...any other ideas? Thanks!

George Eastman House, International Museum of Photography & Film

www.eastmanhouse.org :thumbdown:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...such an Optimist. Oh, I mean Hurricane. Sorry, we already had one of those a few years back.

Yes I remember....

Nothing like sitting in the stands with wind driven rain at 50 mph! Gave up after 3 corps and went back to the hotel to dry out. We did get back in time for the top 5 corps, so it was not a total waste!

Ah, drum corps memories!

Wineries!!!! Check out the Keuka Wine trail or the Seneca Wine Trail, they are closest.

.......nothing near the stadium unless you are packin',..................although they do have famous Dave's BBQ right at the stadium,.....................good eats for sure!

Don't expect to find anything for dinner AFTER finals. In '07 we ended up scoring turkey sandwiches from a convenience store deep inside the East Side. (Not for the faint of heart.)

Edited by HornsUp

Don't expect to find anything for dinner AFTER finals. In '07 we ended up scoring turkey sandwiches from a convenience store deep inside the East Side. (Not for the faint of heart.)

you just need to know where to go... there's always Steve T's (the fake Nick Tahou's on Lyell Ave) it's 24 hour and very close

but yes... you must go into the suburbs to find something like that - would perkins work?

you just need to know where to go... there's always Steve T's (the fake Nick Tahou's on Lyell Ave) it's 24 hour and very close

but yes... you must go into the suburbs to find something like that - would perkins work?

Just looking for a good meal and a beer before finals.Once the show is over I pick up my horns and go home.I'm making it more an extended staff meeting.If the meeting goes badly they can walk home :thumbdown:

We're coming up for finals only and to pick up horns from Kingston.I'd like to find a nice pub syle place near the stadium.Any suggestions?

The Old Toad. Doesn't get more Brit than this.

http://www.theoldtoad.com/

So...since we only go to Finals Sunday night, we will have all of Sunday to do something in Rochester. Last year we did Niagara Falls, but this year we are looking for something else to do in/near Rochester...it can be fun, educational, active...we're open to suggestions....like we just saw this Haror Town Belle "Mark Twain" cruise...any other ideas? Thanks!

Here is the link to Rochester Freetime magazine. There is a TON of stuff to do in this town/area other than Drum Corps

-------->http://www.freetime.com/?q=content/departments/rochester