DCA SOUTH in August

DCA South will be heading to the Greater Atlanta area twice over the next 3 weekends as the Region Corps' get in their final tune up prior to the DCA Championships.

For CorpsVets and Alliance it will actually be 3 appearances in their home cities as they performed last weekend at the DCI Southeastern Championships at the Georgia Dome

The first show - scheduled for Saturday August 7th- was originally going to be hosted by Music City Legend in Antioch Tn. But due to a site issue, resoding, it was decided they would not host the show. Terry Reilley and Alliance jumped in and were able to secure a sponsor and field for that date.

The "DCA ATLANTA" show will be held at Woodstock High School in Woodstock Ga. The co-sponsor for the event is the Woodstock Band Boosters Assoc. along with Alliance. The contest will feature Shenandoah Sound, Florida Sun Devils, CorpsVets and Alliance. The contest will start with the National Anthem performed by the brass ensembles of Alliance and Woodstock HS.

Contest starts at 7:30pm

For more info log onto alliancedrumcorps.org Tickets available at gate ONLY !

The final show in the South will be held on Saturday August 21 and is the "SOUTHERN SHOWDOWN" . The contest will be hosted by CorpsVets and held at McIntosh High School in Peachtree City Ga. This is also a venue change due to field resoding at the Sharpsburg site.

The contest will also feature Shenandoah Sound, Florida Sun Devils, Alliance and CorpsVets.

The contest will begin at 7:30pm. There is also a bbq fundraiser prior to the contest.

For tickets and information go to corpsvets.org

DCA South would like to thank Alliance for jumping in to fill the void and to CorpsVets for continuing to sponsor Region contests. We are hopeful that 2011 will see MCL and Gulf Coast Sound back in competition as they will be missed at this years Region show

Edited by DCASouth

DCA South will be heading to the Greater Atlanta area twice over the next 3 weekends as the Region Corps' get in their final tune up prior to the DCA Championships.

For CorpsVets and Alliance it will actually be 3 appearances in their home cities as they performed last weekend at the DCI Southeastern Championships at the Georgia Dome

The first show - scheduled for Saturday August 7th- was originally going to be hosted by Music City Legend in Antioch Tn. But due to a site issue, resoding, it was decided they would not host the show. Terry Reilley and Alliance jumped in and were able to secure a sponsor and field for that date.

The "DCA ATLANTA" show will be held at Woodstock High School in Woodstock Ga. The co-sponsor for the event is the Woodstock Band Boosters Assoc. along with Alliance. The contest will feature Shenandoah Sound, Florida Sun Devils, CorpsVets and Alliance. The contest will start with the National Anthem performed by the brass ensembles of Alliance and Woodstock HS.

Contest starts at 7:30pm

For more info log onto www.alliancedrumcorps.com

The final show in the South will be held on Saturday August 21 and is the "SOUTHERN SHOWDOWN" . The contest will be hosted by CorpsVets and held at McIntosh High School in Peachtree City Ga. This is also a venue change due to field resoding at the Sharpsburg site.

The contest will also feature Shenandoah Sound, Florida Sun Devils, Alliance and CorpsVets.

The contest will begin at 7:30pm. There is also a bbq fundraiser prior to the contest.

For tickets and information go to www.corpsvets.org

DCA South would like to thank Alliance for jumping in to fill the void and to CorpsVets for continuing to sponsor Region contests. We are hopeful that 2011 will see MCL and Gulf Coast Sound back in competition as they will be missed at this years Region show

Looks like I am going to have to miss the alliance home show but should be able to make the CV home show. Can't wait.

Have a great weekend guys. Everyone have a great performance.

Edited by Rap48

Hope everyone has a great show and a fantastic weekend!

<<snip>>

DCA South certainly has a handle on their activity and have scheduled the month of August to be quite productive in honing for their invasion of the Union in early September.

I congratulate you on this move forward and especially Alliance, for NOT allowing a contest opportunity to slip away without jumping in to save the day.

Joe in NJ

Things are certainly getting interesting down South.

After watching the videos of the Atlanta Regional, I was a bit shocked how close Alliance was to the Corps Vets. Maybe Alliance just had a bad run, but Corps Vets seemed much more polished in this video read, musically and visually. Strange that it seemed exactly the opposite at the South Carolina show earlier in the year

Maybe my take was skewed by mic placement as the judges didn't agree on the music side anyway. Still couldn't hear Corps Vets Pit and Alliance's battery is solidly ahead of them, but in every other caption expected CV to be a good bit ahead.

Be interesting to see if the Regional was an abberation or if the Corps Vets are the great southern hope for a top five finish this year.

Hope I get to see them both perform in Rochester.

Things are certainly getting interesting down South.

After watching the videos of the Atlanta Regional, I was a bit shocked how close Alliance was to the Corps Vets. Maybe Alliance just had a bad run, but Corps Vets seemed much more polished in this video read, musically and visually. Strange that it seemed exactly the opposite at the South Carolina show earlier in the year

Maybe my take was skewed by mic placement as the judges didn't agree on the music side anyway.

snip.....

Okay, my comment about the judges didn't agree on the music side was based on this quote from the Alliance website

"Although the CorpsVets edged past them with a higher visual score, ALLIANCE percussion soundly defeated the other group by a considerable margin and won high brass honors as well"

But when I look at the recap on the DCI site, it says that Corps Vets won brass? Was there an error in the recap? or is there an error on the Alliance web page?

Okay, my comment about the judges didn't agree on the music side was based on this quote from the Alliance website

"Although the CorpsVets edged past them with a higher visual score, ALLIANCE percussion soundly defeated the other group by a considerable margin and won high brass honors as well"

But when I look at the recap on the DCI site, it says that Corps Vets won brass? Was there an error in the recap? or is there an error on the Alliance web page?

I would guess that it was a typo on their part. Maybe they meant Ensemble Brass? Percussion? Overall Music? Music GE? One of those? I have to agree with the judges on this one. If you get past the fact that Alliance couldn't finish their show as strong as they began, they are doing a lot of things very well in the music department.

...visual was a different story. They are just really dirty... but like I said before, I feel like they always are in July. Personally, I think both of these groups have a good shot at top 5. Who's to say that we won't see them placing 4th and 5th at Finals? It may be the South's year and I think DCA has a good history of calling it like they see it. I would like to see them battle back and forth the rest of the season. Its good for the rivalry and the fans! :tongue: