Why Does DCI...

Why does DCI schedule Boston's Home Show the same night as Allentown? Do they do this to any other corps?

Is this the only major show that has another World Class Show on the same date?

I didn't think DCI could tell a corps when it could have its home show. It sounds like more of a convenience thing to me. They are in the Northeast, they aren't scheduled for that night of Allentown. why not have the home show one night then do Allentown the other? Sounds like more of a convenience thing than a DCI screw up.

Edited by UTtrumpetdude

I of course can't speak for BAC, but isn't Allentown always the weekend before Finals (since the move to Indy)? Maybe they're thinking to unveil a new ending at the home show, then rock Allentown with it the next night.

Why does DCI schedule Boston's Home Show the same night as Allentown? Do they do this to any other corps?

Unless I'm mistaken, Allentown is a two day event: half the corps on Friday, the other on Saturday. There are shows opposite Allentown both nights.

I didn't think DCI could tell a corps when it could have its home show. It sounds like more of a convenience thing to me. They are in the Northeast, they aren't scheduled for that night of Allentown. why not have the home show one night then do Allentown the other? Sounds like more of a convenience thing than a DCI screw up.

Why?

Do you not think there are any Drum Corps fans in Boston? It makes for a tough decision on which show to attend? Plus The Boston Crusaders Senior Corps performs at that show(who I believe now has over 60 horns).I am sure many of them would like to attend Allentown.Makes for a long drive when you only see one night's worth of corps.

So, is your concern that people in the Boston area would go to Allentown if not for the Boston home show being on the same night? Or that it's tough to choose between the two? You do realize that they're about a five-hour drive apart?

Unless I'm mistaken, Allentown is a two day event: half the corps on Friday, the other on Saturday. There are shows opposite Allentown both nights.

No. There is not another World Class Show scheduled for Saturday,night 2 of allentown.

Why?

Do you not think there are any Drum Corps fans in Boston? It makes for a tough decision on which show to attend? Plus The Boston Crusaders Senior Corps performs at that show(who I believe now has over 60 horns).I am sure many of them would like to attend Allentown.Makes for a long drive when you only see one night's worth of corps.

That's not what I meant at all. I was just saying it seemed practical since they were back in the region to go ahead and do their home show on the night that they aren't scheduled to perform in Allentown. I don't think DCI was taking away from Boston by doing this. It was just a matter of convenience.

Does the phrase "making a mountain out a mole hill" mean anything to you?

So, is your concern that people in the Boston area would go to Allentown if not for the Boston home show being on the same night? Or that it's tough to choose between the two? You do realize that they're about a five-hour drive apart?

Do you realize how many Drum Corps fans are in Boston? Both 1994 and 2005 were two of the best attended Finals (held in Boston.) Yes,I realize it's a five plus hour drive from Boston to Allentown. I have done the drive numerous times. One of my favorite Drum Corps memories was being at Allentown in 2000,along with a huge turnout of Boston fans. They/we seemed to be everwhere that weekend.I know of a few cars heading down for both nights of Allentown. In my opinion they should not have to make such a difficult choice. Then there are many others heading down after Boston's show on Friday evening. More people would be driving there, but again DCI really sticks it to Boston fans on this scheduling