Don't get ripped off for your tickets in Indy

INSIDETHEFORTY

Thank you very much to those of you who understand who I am and what I am about. Thank you very much to those of you who have taken the time to get to know me and do not judge me by what you see on the surface.

Unfortunately, there are people in drum corps or associated with drum corps who judge me by the color of my skin. I thank God that they are in the minority!

There are also people who judge me as if I were a book they never want to read. They "judge the book by it's cover". All I can do in those cases is help them in my own little way and pray that their eyes will be opened someday.

Lastly, I want to thank those people who have been of so very much help to me over the past 35 years. People like Phil Cerameli, Arleen Henson, "Big Chuck" Stanton, Jerry Seawright, Mike Boo, J.D. Weisgarber, Roger and Judy Ann White, and so many more it would take an entire Forum to list them all! Thank you to all of the Bus and Semi drivers, Corps Chaperones, Souvenir volunteers, Brass instructors and techs, Visual techs and designers, and Corps directors who have been "in my corner" through the years. In addition, I want to thank Bob,of the Allentown Contest Committee fame, who very patiently helped me to see that "It is more blessed to give than to receive".

Yours in Drum Corps,

Ron Gunn

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

There is going to be a big Party for drum corps fans at the Union Station/Crown Plaza Hotel on Capitol Ave. near Lucas Oil Stadium on Wednesday night of Finals Week!

Sellers, bring your extra tickets! Get the best price for them prior to the start of the week's competitions!

Buyers, bring your cash money! Get the best tickets available!

See you there!

Ron Gunn

Awesome party! The Star of Indiana Alumni Corps was superb! It was great to see many of my drum corps friends there!

Today I will not be getting to my usual spot near the Stadium until about 2:15 pm. I am hosting a group of fans who purchased Packages from me. Our Shuttle will arrive at the USPS Office at the corner of Capitol Ave and South at that time. I will work near that corner and in the nearby railroad underpass this week.

It was unbelievable! At 5:00 pm on Saturday, I witnessed a group of Indy ticket scalpers "steal" a lady's tickets from her. One of them approached her, offering to buy her tickets. Very soon, the rest of the group joined him and surrounded the lady. Utilizing high-pressure tactics and intimidation, they proceeded to "bargain" with her for her tickets. Even though her tickets were worth $150, but she was only paid $25.00 for them!

I am getting out of the Street game! It has become a vicious rip-off of the drum corps public.

Next year, I will not be on the street. I repeat, I will not be on the street in 2011!!! The only way to do business with me will be through normal means. I will NOT be looked upon by drum corps people as an animal.

I am no longer a Drum Corps tickets street vendor. I will continue to do business here, via e-mail, via mail and in person. However, do not look for me on the streets or near the ticket booths. I will not be there! If you want to do business with me on Show-Day, please call me to set up an appointment away from the STADIUM!

Thank you!

Ron Gunn

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

• 11 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...