Racine DCA Show; Brief Review

Well call me a hater if you want but if you weren't there you don't comment on their performance.

If you read my post...I did not comment on the show once. I made comments about stuff that I dont need to see (at that particular show) to know about and when it came to the part that can vary from show to show (aka sloppy performance) I said I wouldnt know because I wasnt there.

When you compliment two corps quickly and then go into bashing another one and not saying anything possitive, I am going to assume you have something against that corps.

If you read my post...I did not comment on the show once. I made comments about stuff that I dont need to see (at that particular show) to know about and when it came to the part that can vary from show to show (aka sloppy performance) I said I wouldnt know because I wasnt there.

When you compliment two corps quickly and then go into bashing another one and not saying anything possitive, I am going to assume you have something against that corps.

You couldn't be more wrong, I have nothing against any corps in DCA. We all know what they say about assuming.....

Ok, i saw MBI two nights in a row. This is a gorgeous show...I love the guard uniforms, but saw that they were presenting some problems; the percussion section, in my opinion, is a DCA top two or three drum line, and it marches the crap out of other corps. The hornline is outstanding...especially loved the contra section.....the repertoire is one tough book....and i really came to appreciate Caravan and kashmir (sp?). i do think the brass section came out a little emotionally flat on both evenings. As for the visual stuff, I saw some weak footwork..folks out of step and slightly out of synch...all common...especially on a hot Sunday afternoon after a hot Saturday evening. As i stated earlier, I did not see anything close to a three point gain over the kilts..but we all know what time of year it is, right?

Back to MBI...with some cleaning and some emotion, this corps will contend....and deservedly so....they are taking some risks this year and should be rewarded...as are the kilts....both corps expose themselves and make few attempt to hide anything. Audiences will have mixed reactions to MBI...and that's okay....i love the show and enjoy most of the repertoire....i miss the fedoras and the jazz that were signature MBI....but so what. I still see a top four placement for MBI

After hearing the show twice from the ready line and rehearsing next to them all Sunday in Kenosha, this may be my favorite MBI program ever. There is a musicality this year that in previous years was just all about screaming and parking and blowing. From experience I know MBI will polish this thing into a bright gem by Rochester. I hope we can be on the same field with them come Sunday night.

I hope we can be on the same field with them come Sunday night.

I'm pulling for you guys and gals to be on the field with us on finals night as well.

Do it up Kilties Midwest style :tongue:

DCA-C rocks!

I hope we can be on the same field with them come Sunday night.

It would be awesome to see the Kilties in on Sunday night. The Kilties hornline is sounding great! (I'm a hornline guy) We're pulling for you!

Thank you for a great show weekend! The facilities and practice field was top notch. See you all in Minnesota in two weeks and definitely at Patricks on Saturday night!