Wouldn't DCI be better to switch the

It's a theater that is set up with larger seats and a long table in front of the movie goers where they can eat dinner and order drinks. Waiters are constantly on the move. "dinner movie theater"

Have heard of but not been to one. Those concept theatres are very hard to come by.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're going to change stuff, why not have a DCI Finals shown in theaters on Monday?

Final show of the season, Monday is a dead day in theaters, DCI can edit out some of the waiting between corps and they can start the show at 7:00 (or 10PM - after your non drum corps spouse is asleep) in the various time zones. There might even be more demand if the times are flexible - maybe two showings. Back in the day, we were glued to our TV sets when DCI was shown on PBS. We even had to call the individual stations to see if and when they were going to show Finals.

I do like the quarters in the theater, but the early start time here in Cali is sometimes a problem. Unfortunately I'm missing this week's show because I have a conflict. Also, some people may not go to the theater because they know the outcome. Lastly, would it compete with and affect DCI finals attendance? I doubt it, but worth considering.