DCI in the movie theatres

The cinema I went too ( Lowell Ma. ) to watch the quarterfinals was packed last night. There were a few hundred there. That said, I saw almost nobody under age 30 in the crowd. I went to diifferent movie theatres the last half dozen years and it's the same thing. The young are no shows. It doesn't matter if it's a live DCI competition like last night, or a pre season screening of last years performances, with clips of upcoming shows, or the Classics. It doesn't matter the format. They won't go. In pre season there were more ticket takers than ticket givers under the age of 22 in the theatre I went too.

This can't be good for DCI, if the younger crowd has no interest at all in watching live DCI Drum Corps in the movie theatres.

Thoughts ?

The theatre I went to was packed - with mostly those under the age of 18.

That said, I saw almost nobody under age 30 in the crowd....This can't be good for DCI, if the younger crowd has no interest at all in watching live DCI Drum Corps in the movie theatres.

Thoughts ?

At least here in California, we are in the midst of band camp, and some of the schools are already in session to some extent. Add in the early start, it probably held down the attendance from the younger crowd. All that said, I'd say our theater was about 50/50 young to old. I don't think the hefty ticket price helps the younger crowd out, though I wonder how many bought cheap tickets to other films and walked into this show. Our theater was about 1/3 full.