Show Review Racine, WI

Based on what I've seen so far...definately NOT a fan. There's nothing on them! The pants are too tight, and look bare without the stripe. The light green doesn't look very good, nor the half Fleur de Lie. I would rather seen the top be all the same color (dark green), with a full Fleur de Lie, the sash, and the red sparkle gauntlets.

Maybe I'll like them when I see them in person for the first time in Menomonie, but I highly doubt it. It's going to take a lot of convincing for me to like this uni...

As I stated in my review, the DM has a difference in his uniform Id like to see on all the marchers. The half Fleur de Lis is red instead of green. Cesario, you listening? Please please please, we need some RED. The idea of a stripe on the pants was I'm sure discussed. Consider this however; The last two years, critics have hammered Madison for bad foot technique. A stripe serves only to emphasize this and phasing as well. I think we will see it in time, but the staff is going to have to feel confident it will not be a negative attention getter. Bring back the red sash. Its an easy and cheap fix. Im sure right now someone is firing up Photoshop to see how it would look.

Another thing worth mentioning. Madisons Equipment truck and coaches have been stunningly decorated. (See pictures in my website) If public rolling-down-the interstate-image means anything, then your average civilian passing Madison on the road is now going to know exactly what a Madison Scout is and what he looks like.

Awesome review!

My review would have been..."they were all good"

AT this point...I really think everyone needs to look at what The Scouts are doing on the field, and not so concerened about the new unis....

Without even seeing them ...sounds like that are back on track!

Stripes down the legs are a thing of the past...as mentioned above it is virtually impossible to clean phasing problems. How many top corps use white pants with strips? Notice which ones use black. Black hides even more...we could have seen MS go to black pants :huh: .

I'd also encourage those stubborn folks resistant to any kind of change to look around at the posts of individuals who HAVE seen the unforms in person at Racine or Middleton...very positive comments.

Go Scouts!

Well, having marched Madison the past two years, I was as hesitant to embrace the "new regime" as anyone. But, I have to say that things are looking great. AND, the new unis look great on the field. The pictures do them absolutely NO justice. And yes, the pants are tight... But I remember them always WANTING the pants to be tight. I'll never forget the shock that I experienced while being fitted for a uni and complaining that the pants were too tight in the butt and crotch, the uni mom just looked up at me and said "that's the way we wear 'em here" and winked at me. :huh: haha

Anywho, just saying, try not to pass judgement toooo harshly before you can see this show in person. I think it is great, and has potential to really rock. :-) That's all...

Allan

Great review, AND Great pictures. The uniforms look much better on the field than just a early pic in a band room! Thank you for the review and pics!

I was checkin' out Scouts line, so I only got to see the Colts (kinda sketchy, but good for top of season) and Scouts. The Scouts were pretty good, better than I expected. I didn't have a good feeling about the uniforms, but I guess we have to get used to them. I know Cesario didn't make the greatest uniform, but it's drum corps. We'll get used to it. I love Madison, and the uniforms aren't going to stop them from kicking ###. So good luck this season Madison, and keep rockin'!!!!!!

Edited by GeorgeD