Semi Finals Open Thread

Bout time Grant Crocker was inducted!!!! Congrats

The ensemble timing responsibilities in Blue Devils show are out of this world. Two instances really come to mind...... one in the build op in the Laura section, right before the glass breaking sound, the whole corps plays 4 staccato notes in a row. Look where the high brass is on the field... how do they play that so perfectly in time? The other part that amazes me is during the last 2 minutes of the show where there are many dissonant solos.... listen to what the snares are playing (in time with everyone else)... and they are literally almost on the goal line on side B. Just amazing!

Out of who's world? No offense to the hard working kids in BD, but your 2010 offering (I've seen it three times) is really not that demanding. And I am using BD's 1993 and 2002 shows as benchmarks.

That's what you noticed? Sorry, I was distracted by the 11 minutes of straight NOISE. I'd rather play 5 random CD's at one time. It'd probably sound better.

Sorry it's not 11.5 minutes of power chords. Maybe next year they'll play some Nickelback.

That's what you noticed? Sorry, I was distracted by the 11 minutes of straight NOISE. I'd rather play 5 random CD's at one time. It'd probably sound better.

Sorry it's not 11.5 minutes of power chords. Maybe next year they'll play some Nickelback.

RIP George Bonfiglio! Thanks for everything! :tongue:

The ensemble timing responsibilities in Blue Devils show are out of this world. Two instances really come to mind...... one in the build op in the Laura section, right before the glass breaking sound, the whole corps plays 4 staccato notes in a row. Look where the high brass is on the field... how do they play that so perfectly in time? The other part that amazes me is during the last 2 minutes of the show where there are many dissonant solos.... listen to what the snares are playing (in time with everyone else)... and they are literally almost on the goal line on side B. Just amazing!

no doubt BD has one of the top 2 highest musical demands (along with crown).....I would say the visual demand is 5th or 6th.

I admit there are many complicated individual things, but its like putting together 1000 simple steps, rather than a dozen complicated ones.....maybe that makes the show harder to put together in the preseason, and makes the list to clean easier.....and its a different type of demand, but its more of an intellectual demand rather than a physical demand

Actually, I think Cavies did phenomenal tonight, maybe tomorrow they can jump BD?

Or will it be an entertaining finish for second.... Bluecoats? or Cavies?

Dude .. don't let it get to you. Just relax and watch the Bonfiglio Tribute.

Sniper alert ... Isle 14 please!

Man do I really miss 27!!! :tongue: