Cost of marching world class

Hey I'm a rising senior at a high school in NC - I was wondering how much it is just a general figure of marching a season in a world class corps. I was thinking about Phantom specifically, if anyone knows anything about the cost of phantom - but I was just looking for a general number.

$1000—$2000 would be my guesstimate? I honestly don't know what each corps' dues are... when I marched Spirit it was within that range.

Don't know exactly but your membership cost will probably be in the $1000-$2000 range and then you have to figure in travel to and from camps, spending money for tour, etc...

If you visit several WC corps websites you can likely find a link to their dues. I've seen everything from $1500-3000 for dues this past year. That's before the following possible additional costs: travel to and from audition camps, the audition fee, and the camp fee (yes, they are separate a lot of the time).

Once you are given a contract you start paying your dues. You may also have to purchase your marching shoes, and of course there are many pairs of uniform socks. You may also have to purchase your official half-uniform undershirt(s) and whatever else a corps expects members to wear under the uniform.

$1000—$2000 would be my guesstimate? I honestly don't know what each corps' dues are... when I marched Spirit it was within that range.

looking at sax and music lessons and football, baseball/ school aau and basketball school and aau along with a few one two week outdoors camp spent well over 10k over the years. School for both kids over $250k. drum corp is a deal. It always has been and i hope always well be. Boston has always been a great place to march and the best bang for the buck. top management are financial people and look after the well being of the corp and is the best best bang for the buck for the kids. Have a great day to all.

looking at sax and music lessons and football, baseball/ school aau and basketball school and aau along with a few one two week outdoors camp spent well over 10k over the years. School for both kids over $250k. drum corp is a deal. It always has been and i hope always well be. Boston has always been a great place to march and the best bang for the buck. top management are financial people and look after the well being of the corp and is the best best bang for the buck for the kids. Have a great day to all.

Agreed. I just spent about $600 for my kid to go to a week of whitewater paddling camp (6 days, really). Figuring that a WC season runs about 90 days from move-in to Finals, it costs about 75% less per day to do drum corps than camp, and you know that at the end of the summer, they'll have done something constructive, learned a lot more about themselves than they will elsewhere, and have gotten into the best physical shape most of them will every attain.

A bargain, imho.

Edited by mobrien