madison scounts name change?

As mentioned, it is a re-connect to very great year and time for the corps, it doesn't in any way mean that they will be called that from now on and for forever... and even if they are, don't let it get anyone concerned all upset. The Cadets did indeed go to "Holy Name" Cadets for a little bit, and I don't recall them suddenly making going to confession and taking every Sunday off because the Bible says you must mandatory for the members when they did that.

Everyone over-thinking this just stay calm... :thumbup:

It reminds me of the fear everyone had when JFK was inaugurated. People feared he was going to sell the United States to the Vatican. Did anyone else see the Pope cheering in the stands for the "Holy Name" Cadets? Didn't think so! :thumbup:

Why not?

Because the BSA does not allow atheists or homosexuals in their organization. Pretty good reason, eh?

You must have been really steamed when the Cadets changed their name for 2009. :thumbup:

It's just a one time thing, and pretty cool if you ask me.

We asked Brandt Crocker to announce us as the Madison Explorer Scouts as a recognition of appreciation to our heritage and the alumni who marched under that name. As well, the plain white neckerchiefs were worn for this special occasion.

There's nothing more than that. One night...a simple sign of appreciation.

Thanks to all who supported the 2010 Madison Scouts!

Chris Komnick

Executive Director

• Like 1

Mr. Komnick,

Do you corps directors get a kick out of DCP when you read all the things that are made up on here?

Just curious. :-D

Double post.. my B...

Edited by mophilda

Its the first time he's ever announced that in my time coming to finals. Since 1993. Just wondering thats all. I think Crown is a explorer post. Why didn't he say Carolina Crown Explorers?

Mr. Komnick,

Do you corps directors get a kick out of DCP when you read all the things that are made up on here?

Just curious. :-D

Yes, we do. If I see incorrect information that is potentially damaging, I try to correct it. But yes, most corps directors peruse DCP from time to time. (And now I let the cat out of the bag.)

Chris Komnick

Executive Director

Madison Scouts

• Like 1

Its the first time he's ever announced that in my time coming to finals. Since 1993. Just wondering thats all. I think Crown is a explorer post. Why didn't he say Carolina Crown Explorers?

Crown doesn't have the same kind of history with the BSA that Scouts do....dating back to 1938.

Sometimes a corps will signup with the BSA as an Explorer Post (now called a Venture Crew) for one reason and one reason only....insurance coverage and non-profit status (under the BSA'a umbrella).

Madison's ties are a little deeper than that.

I thought announcing them that was was kinda cool.

Okay everyone. It was Colonel Mustard with the wrench in the Library.

Sweet bleedin' Jesus, already.

We asked Brandt Crocker to announce us as the Madison Explorer Scouts as a recognition of appreciation to our heritage and the alumni who marched under that name. As well, the plain white neckerchiefs were worn for this special occasion.

There's nothing more than that. One night...a simple sign of appreciation.

Thanks to all who supported the 2010 Madison Scouts!

Chris Komnick

Executive Director

Along with the neckerchiefs, I had thought it might have been a nod to scouting which turns 100 this year. At any rate, thanks for giving the corps members a great season. You certainly won the hearts of your audiences.

Don Bennett