Corona in 2011?

Guard-Dad

I've heard rumors they are returning to WGI in 2011. I hope so I just LOVED their show in 2009! Anyone heard anything for or against these rumors?

I've heard rumors they are returning to WGI in 2011. I hope so I just LOVED their show in 2009! Anyone heard anything for or against these rumors?

oh great.. more of the same recycled dirty work over and over.. just watch and old crown Guard show to your favorite song.. and it could be any corona show

oh great.. more of the same recycled dirty work over and over.. just watch and old crown Guard show to your favorite song.. and it could be any corona show

The "recycled dirty work" got them the Silver Medal at World Champinships in 2009. Don't know why the negativity, I was simply asking if anyone had heard.

The "recycled dirty work" got them the Silver Medal at World Champinships in 2009. Don't know why the negativity, I was simply asking if anyone had heard.

From what I've heard. . .and this may have changed, but they are planning to come out and will be based out of Las Vegas...still under the direction of Shapiro

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

In response to those curious (or disappointed;-) Corona WILL be returning for the 2011 season, from the greater Los Angeles area as always... Auditions will be held August 28-29 ...more information to follow shortly...

Anyone requesting further information can contact Michael Shapiro at coronaguardguy@aol.com...

Just curious, but if Corona is coming back in 2011, then why was the end of the 2009 season so tearful and gut-wrenchingly emotional for so many fans and members of the Corona organization...???

If I'm remembering correctly, the word at the time was that Corona was officially "folding" the entire program. Finito. Adios muchachos. No mas.

It now seems as if Corona just took a year off, as many guards often do.

Granted, the organization recently could have found a unexpected source of money that's now allowing for the opportunity to resurrect the program. (And it IS great news that they're coming back...!!!)

But as I remember the situation at the time, everyone was describing the departure of Corona as the permanent deactivation of the entire Corona organization.

Again, I'm just curious.

Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

:smile:

Because people change their minds perhaps??

Let's applaud Michael and be EXCITED to see Corona out there again instead of ripping them apart!

I, for one, am excited - best of luck!

Its not negativity ...its fact.. I know some alumni of the original crown guard as well as alumni of Corona and within the groups its well known that a lot of the tricks are re-used every year...Granted they are hard.. but when it is less impressive when its the same people doing them over and over

... and just because you win a silver medal, doesnt mean they deserved it.. Personally NEI should have had that medal. We all know how there are a lot of disagreements when it comes to who should have medaled

Edited by thedova

corona's brief departure from our stage had all the finality of a cher farewell tour! :tongue:

i love corona and look forward to thier return! :innocent: