CorpsVets Home show. Senoria Ga

I am going to make this a short review as most people either

1. Tend not to read them

or

2. Find something to whine or moan about if you say something they do not want to hear. . :lookaround:

First off the drive down there was wonderful on my motorcycle. Only had a few dangerous encounters with cagers but overall it was a wonderful uneventful ride. The guy that switched lanes without signaling was a real piece of work. I planned carefully and avoided hitting the thunderstorms. . The drive through the mountains of TN early in the AM on Saturday was simply gorgeous. I wish I would have stopped to take some photos.

Senoria Georgia from the Greater Atlanta area is only about 60 miles but it feels like 200. I saw palm trees in Georgia. Usually not seen in except in Extreame southern Ga. WTF? Great facility otherwise. One of nicest schools I have ever stayed at. Thanks for letting me hang with you guys. I miss marching :(

Shenandoah Sound. Sorry guys. I got to see about 20 seconds of your performance from the end zone. I got cornered by a volunteer mother from the HS asking me to bring water over to her area so I had to track down Ken and then go take them some water. Hope to see you next year. I posted a couple of pics of you guys from warm ups over on Facebook.

Sundevils. I just got sat down good after "running" over to the warm up area to tell all the corps to turn off their Dr Beat per the DCA judges. Sorry did not get any pictures of you on the field. Great show. You guys have the most awesome sound in the arch. Its hard to provide field coverage AND create a wall of sound when your as small as you guys are. CLean things up on the visual end and your scores will no doubt sky rocket.

alliance. Great job after having to practice in the marshy conditions at your rehearsal facility earlier in the morning. I enjoyed getting to watch you guys at rehearsal. I should stop by more often.

Your best show overall in the history of the organization. You guys finally have a hornline. Low brass is the stand out. Visually not a very demanding show compared to Corpsvets but you do you a adequate job with it. Drumline still your strongest suit. Need to beef up the guard. Definitely the weak link in the chain. I suspect you will like your placements at finals.

Corpsvets. Wow! what can I say but WOW. Great job guys. I loved seeing all the old faces and the new. Josh,,you are not worthy :tongue: .Makes me sad I could not be with you guys this year. Looks like you all are having fun.

No doubt you guys are hammering it out visually with the Jr Corps style drill. You guys never stop during the whole show it seems. I tried counting the numbered moving sets but got so swept up in the music and the drill that I gave up counting. Had to be over 150 sets with 140 on the move. And hauling ### yes! Hornline sounded great.Ive never heard a SR corps play as many notes on the field as you guys have this year. Defiantly the harder music book of the two open class corps of the night. Drumline much improved over last year. Very solid from top to bottom. Great to see Suzanne Hood back in the pit. She was really working the keys. Mike,,you did a awesome job switching over to the pit.

I am not real crazy about the music book. Its just not my cup of tea. Its arranged well but I did not like it when Cadets played it either so do not get your feelngs hurt that I said that.

The point spread could have gone either way in my book. Great show.

Great job running the show to CV, Ken and all the staff. If there were any hitches in the event I sure missed them. Everyone was so nice and the crowd seemed very appreciative.

Edited by camel lips

A couple of other fun photos from the show.

P8210009.jpg

P8210008.jpg

P8210003.jpg

P8210001.jpg

P8210004.jpg

P8210010.jpg

Ill post more once the video gets downloaded.

Edited by camel lips

Thanks for the review Ed. I'm glad CV and Alliance have 'picked up steam' since the DCI show in Houston.

Thanks Ed for coming out and taking some pictures of Shenandoah Sound! I logged into Facebook this morning to see me tagged to two pictures you took.

Thanks for the great weekend and awesome show CorpsVets!

Thanks for the pixs and the water Ed. Great seeing you again!

Thanks for the pixs and the water Ed. Great seeing you again!

No worries man. Anytime.

Great seeing you. Wish I would have had more time.