Reading PA!

good and interesting show. review to be up tomorrow night.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom, I think Jeff said his review would be up "tomorrow night"... which would make it 2010. :thumbup:

Tom, I think Jeff said his review would be up "tomorrow night"... which would make it 2010. :thumbup:

I'm trying to think of a come back for Fran....

I got nuthin'

A number of weeks ago in one of the threads on " WHO GOING TO TAKE SECOND" I posted that all you DCI/DCA the" BUCS can't lose, they are just to good, ........." fans were going to be very surprised at prelims, now I'll say it again I believe that there will be at least 3 if not 4 corps less than point from each other, and I'll even predict this. ES will win BRASS. MINN will win PERCUSSION, BUS will win VISUAl, leaving COLOR GUARD and GE scores the main factor, and I don't think the winner of the show will win both of those. Now before you flame me, yes I played for ES, and yes I'm DCA fan, play to the crowd not the judges, goose-bump, blow me away, and make me give you 2,3,or 4 standing O's during and after the show type of guy. Those of you that enjoy a DCI type show , more power to you and I have all the respect in the world for your opinion and DCI corps are are freaking amazing, but this is not DCI its DCA . From the first DCA I played in 1966 with the CRUSADERS, than with PHOENIX in the 70's, and my last DCA with ES in 2003, I've learned one thing ( remember 1972 DCA ), it's not over until it's over, just my opinion.

A number of weeks ago in one of the threads on " WHO GOING TO TAKE SECOND" I posted that all you DCI/DCA the" BUCS can't lose, they are just to good, ........." fans were going to be very surprised at prelims, now I'll say it again I believe that there will be at least 3 if not 4 corps less than point from each other, and I'll even predict this. ES will win BRASS. MINN will win PERCUSSION, BUS will win VISUAl, leaving COLOR GUARD and GE scores the main factor, and I don't think the winner of the show will win both of those. Now before you flame me, yes I played for ES, and yes I'm DCA fan, play to the crowd not the judges, goose-bump, blow me away, and make me give you 2,3,or 4 standing O's during and after the show type of guy. Those of you that enjoy a DCI type show , more power to you and I have all the respect in the world for your opinion and DCI corps are are freaking amazing, but this is not DCI its DCA . From the first DCA I played in 1966 with the CRUSADERS, than with PHOENIX in the 70's, and my last DCA with ES in 2003, I've learned one thing ( remember 1972 DCA ), it's not over until it's over, just my opinion.

john i absolutly agree with you on all counts. and buddy you played with the very best of them. :thumbup: hope your well.

From what I've heard (and its only hearsay), the Bucs staff has been coming down on them once they lost horns last week, and they've been getting down on the guard too. Seems like the staff wants the win, more than the kids do.

And don't start flaming......its all hearsay.......

just sayin.

Spoken like a true staffer of any corps . . . . . . just "sayin"

Whats with the judging, Fusion went in with a 83 and only improved .7, they beat gold by 3 full points last time they met.

Different judges, different performances.

it's called show dynamics

PLEASE comparing scores from different days, different viewings (stadium and performance) and different judges... you just can't do it...

it's called show dynamics

PLEASE comparing scores from different days, different viewings (stadium and performance) and different judges... you just can't do it...

it's so funny. they even want to compare scores from different years. i even had a discussion about corps scoring in the 40's back in the 60's & 70's camparing to today. it's a freaking joke.