MEMBERSHIP DAY 2011 - Reading Buccaneers!

hmmmmmmm.......that would be 8 days to the banquet and close to the MMX season, which brought many more honors to team BLUE and their Commodore......and 9 days to the next voyage of Good Ship Buccaneer......what will the new season bring to the field?????.......don't tease Tom.........I shall wait until Sunday......unless you want to IM me and spill the beans

Just about a week away!!!

Can't wait, either!

We'll have some additional staff announcements in the next few days. We're putting the finishing touches on the show announcement!

Also, make plans to join us for WINTER CAMP #1 (brass/percussion) on Saturday and Sunday, December 4 & 5 at Twin Valley HS. Saturday 9 to 6, Sunday 9 to 4:15.

Great stuff happening in Reading this year....be part of it!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One week from today....in fact, one week exactly as I type this...we'll be introducing the 2011 Buccaneers to the admin, creative and instructional teams and announcing the 2011 production. Then we'll break into sectionals and get working on the show! Putting the finishing touches on the show announcement - it's gonna be a barn-burner! Can't wait to get this season started!!!

7 days from now....be at Twin Valley HS to begin an incredible journey!

www.readingbuccaneers.org

Plus, a Rocky-themed show, which arguably ties to our Philadelphia-area hometown, would draw criticism as a rip-off of the 2008 Bluecoats. It would be a first for us to be accused of ripping off our DCI brethren ( :mat: ), and we simply don't want to go there.

Darn it....so much for my show idea.

I was figuring, an entire show of note-for-note renditions of tunes previously done by DCI corps.

The show theme:

"That Ship Has Sailed." :mat:

But seriously, folks......

Best wishes to our Buccaneer friends in 2011!

Darn it....so much for my show idea.

The show theme:

"That Ship Has Sailed." :thumbup:

But seriously, folks......

Best wishes to our Buccaneer friends in 2011!

Pretty close guess Fran! The 2011 rep includes....

Come Sail Away....Styxx

Sail On....Lionel Ritchie

Son of Son of a Sailor....Jimmy Buffett

Hell in a Bucket....Grateful Dead

:laughing:

Thanks for the well wishes! Hope to see you season.

ONLY 5 DAYS TO GO UNTIL THE 2011 BUCCANEERS SET SAIL!!!

Dan:

I'm disappointed. You've been around the Buccaneers long enough to know that it's not our practice to release show information to the public before Membership Day. Now that you've ruined the surprise, the design team will need to start from sqaure one and get a new repertoire together before Sunday. :laughing:

Just a handful of days away! Can't wait!!!

Join us!

That's fine, as long as we keep the Dead tune in the show.

Dan:

I'm disappointed. You've been around the Buccaneers long enough to know that it's not our practice to release show information to the public before Membership Day. Now that you've ruined the surprise, the design team will need to start from sqaure one and get a new repertoire together before Sunday. :laughing:

Just a handful of days away! Can't wait!!!

Join us!

Hell in a gin bucket....has a nice ring to it!!

Hell in a gin bucket

In four parts with a ladle? :laughing: