2010 Retreat

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was anyone else really bored by the fact that there were NO upsets in placement from semis to finals?

Not to mention half the crowd left as soon as 2nd place was announced

On the plus side, the Marine Drum & Bugle Corps played us onto the field (and maybe off? I forget). Speaking as a member, that was totally awesome.

On the plus side, the Marine Drum & Bugle Corps played us onto the field (and maybe off? I forget). Speaking as a member, that was totally awesome.

Definitely enjoyed that more than the Miley Cyrus/smoke machine fiasco that ruined last season for everyone

Definitely enjoyed that more than the Miley Cyrus/smoke machine fiasco that ruined last season for everyone

Honestly, other than hoping Cavies would jump the Devils this year (and that not being allowed to happen) I didn't expect any big moves. I'll agree with the Marines playing everyone in was a nice touch.

Was anyone else really bored by the fact that there were NO upsets in placement from semis to finals?

Not to mention half the crowd left as soon as 2nd place was announced

What's your point - what are you getting at? Just a general comment, or are you implying that DCI should somehow make sure there's movement among the placements in order to stir the pot and create some drama?

What would you suggest to help ensure that half the crowd doesn't leave after 2nd place is announced?

??

Fred O.

Please enlighten us as to why this was "not allowed to happen"?

Because of the judging conspiracy. Everyone knows this. :guinesssmilie::music::hehe::worthy::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Edited because Francis and Francis obviously can't tell a joke when they read one!

Edited by SFZFAN

Honestly, other than hoping Cavies would jump the Devils this year (and that not being allowed to happen) I didn't expect any big moves. I'll agree with the Marines playing everyone in was a nice touch.

How was that not allowed to happen? Are you saying that the Cavies got screwed? If any corps knows how to win this past decade, it's the Cavaliers. 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, and 2006. But in 2010 they got screwed! Give me a break. I wasn't a big fan of BD's show, but you can't tell me cavies brass or IA visual was as good as BD. BD was extremely clean, maybe the best technical marching corps I've ever seen. They just had a very obscure show, didn't do anything for me.