Interested in joining Convalescence

grahamorbust

THIS JUST IN: There seems to be even MORE scuttlebutt ‘scuttling’ in the general vicinity of Sebastienne’s destined-to-be-infamous Convalescence auditions in Ohio.

Consider:

Yet another under-handed effort in the long, sad series of under-handed efforts on the part of Sebastienne to illicitly capitalize on the reputation and cachet of The Pride of Cincinnati continues to be played out in the Ohio legal system even as the Chi-Chi's parking lot audition 3-day weekend rapidly approaches.

I didn’t hear about this until just recently, but apparently it is widely known and quite well documented that Sebastienne spent the better part of his summer break frequenting competitions of lesser-known drum corps circuits across the country and plastering Convalescence audition flyers all over concession stands and vacant Port-O-Lets as time would allow during the awards ceremonies.

The garish, heavily decoupaged flyers hinted that a professional partnership was all but sealed between Sebastienne and longtime Pride of Cincinnati staff member Rosie Miller Queen, who, the flyers claimed, would be attending the Chi-Chi’s audition camp as a clinician, conducting extensive 'hands-on technique sessions' that were going to be offered throughout the weekend.

Now, I’m not one to gossip, but as the story was passed along to me, Rosie got wind of Sebastienne's turgid scheme when a friend of hers who had attended the “Drums Along the Drainage Canal Spectacular” in Rapid City, South Dakota tipped her off after seeing a Convalescence flyer featuring an obviously fake photo of Rosie, arm in arm with Sebastienne, sipping Thunderbird Wine out of a “Losers Suck” coffee cup. Beneath the photo was the cryptic announcement, “Convalescence 2011: Sebastienne and Rosie. Together again. You do the math.”

Since learning about Sebastienne’s latest cheap attempt to benefit from her good name, Rosie's legal counsel has stated on numerous occasions to the news media and to the full WGI Steering Committee that any references to her possible involvement with Convalescence 2011, either in the form of her direct participation or indirectly via the use of her name or the licensing of her image, simply put, are now and always haven been 100% false.

I also heard that a printed statement released to the media on Friday from the law offices of Cohen, Cohen, Cohen, Cohen & Cohen reconfirmed the position that Rosie has been asserting all summer.

From the official statement: “In response to my alleged participation in the upcoming Sebastienne St. Jacque/ Convalescence three-day Chi-Chi’s parking lot tryouts in Southwestern Ohio, I offer a three-word reply: ‘Not gonna happen.’ ”

Again, that’s the latest I’ve heard via the grapevine about Convalescence auditions.

I hope this information is helpful to any and all prospective auditioners, bless your heart.

And there you have it.

Edited by Mr. Know it all

I wish this joke of a thread would be closed and we can talk about "real" guard. for shame, for shame.....

awwwww,sorry you were first cut at convalescence auditions...maybe next year! :angel1:

it's so sad that among other things you are humor impaired,some of us enjoy a bit of levity in the off seson and have the ability to laugh at ourselves and with each other.most of the posters here have alot of legitimate thought provoking opinions and they have contributed significantly to these forums....and you? :tongue:

Edited by dugg

• 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Very cool videos :) I got no video :( but got 3 photos from last week 2011; a place, me and whimsical me :-) I'm interested in joining Convalescence. How much is tuition?

What price does one put on timeless art?

(in other words: how much you got?)

• Like 1

dearest linda,since you are a color guard legend sebastienne will grant you a solo,waive the mandatory audition fee and give you the "convalescence" scholarship so your tuition is free!in return[mr. st. jacque would appreciate it if you destroyed all those incriminating negatives of sebastienne currently in your possesion] :thumbup:

Edited by dugg
  • Like 2

For those interested in auditioning; a 'how to' video has been put together that references the terminology that sebastienne uses when teaching. For example, everyone knows what a 45 toss, however sebastienne will not call it that, he will call it the Hotdog in a Hallway toss.

Watch and learn!

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

dearest linda,since you are a color guard legend sebastienne will grant you a solo,waive the mandatory audition fee and give you the "convalescence" scholarship so your tuition is free!in return[mr. st. jacque would appreciate it if you destroyed all those incriminating negatives of sebastienne currently in your possesion] :thumbup:

Thanks dugg; that’s sweet, however, I’d rather be part of the ensemble. One year as GS, a year as GC and 7 years as DM is solo enough. By the way, the photos were taken in the Land of Pacificaires, 1,000 miles from the Land of Linda. As an aside, at our reunion this past summer, someone said “Let’s give it a go and do a show”. After much discussion we hypothetically decided on 20 guard and 20 drummers. Apparently, I’m to teach guard? Other than brooms and hockey sticks, I haven’t spun in 25 years. I’ll need your help! Albeit, that last video was rather informative, hotdog in a hallway, lol.

Our former director said we can use one of his buses, “It seats 56”. Mathematically, 56 seats minus 40 performers, leaves 16 seats for a hair stylist, pedicurist, manicurist, masseuse, makeup artist, a few costume designers, sewers and equipment handlers. Then someone said “We could do parades”.

OMG! Parades! That involves walking long distances. Yikes! Realistically, we’ll need to fill the extra seats with a doctor, nurse, chiropractor, another masseuse and we’ll make sure to save a seat for you :biggrin:

Sincerely, lindap

ps I’m positive I have no negatives :wink: