Kidsgrove Scouts

Does anyone know how Kidsgrove did their laser effect during their second song? Bluecoats did it in 2007, and I couldn't figure it out then, either.

Question asked on DCI board.

Simple. Bungee/elastic cords that were brightly colored to appear to be lasers. Neat, huh? :blink:

I do hope our visual team don't mind me giving it away, all we did is get tape measures and make the tape inside red.

Then they get attached onto the bass drums and then the tenors and snares would pull them out.

Very cleverly done, I remember the first time they put it in the show they could of fooled me that it was original untill I seen the Bluecoats show.

Of course i'm sure they aren't taking any credits for the original idea.

I do hope our visual team don't mind me giving it away, all we did is get tape measures and make the tape inside red.

Then they get attached onto the bass drums and then the tenors and snares would pull them out.

Very cleverly done, I remember the first time they put it in the show they could of fooled me that it was original untill I seen the Bluecoats show.

Of course i'm sure they aren't taking any credits for the original idea.

Thanks for the clarification on the details- simple yet highly effective. :blink:

Hope you enjoyed your tour here- wish I'd have seen you live- the video looked the goods. :tongue:

Question asked on DCI board.

Simple. Bungee/elastic cords that were brightly colored to appear to be lasers. Neat, huh? :blink:

Actually....for 'Coats they were retractable dog leashes....saw one in the lot after finals....Ravedoger got one from one of the snares (and then lamented that he forgot to get it autographed!)

Thanks for the clarification on the details- simple yet highly effective. :blink:

Hope you enjoyed your tour here- wish I'd have seen you live- the video looked the goods. :tongue:

Looks quite neat and fits a treat in the concept of the show.

Thanks, gives you an excuse to come over to Europe if you didn't get to see us live!

Looks quite neat and fits a treat in the concept of the show.

Thanks, gives you an excuse to come over to Europe if you didn't get to see us live!

Thanks-- I already have an invite from a couple of Brits to come race at a couple of the big 1/32 slot car clubs in the UK- would love to go over and do the two things I love to do the most. Slot car racing and Corps, LOL. I just need more money. :blink: