New Drum Corps Website

I'd be interested in the evolution of the Canadian Senior Corps... It seemed that every other year there was a different competitive corps in the rank and file...some rumors had it that it was the same corps, but they went under different names for 'grant' purposes?!?!

One thing that always stood out for me though....going back to 1978 and a corps called Le Ambassadeurs and their hot all female tenor line! (hot in looks AND playing!)

Thought somewhere in one of the History of Drum Corps books there was a line about Quebec Gov't helping groups in the arts or something. Kicker was it was only for two years.... hence the "new" corps that cropped up every other year in DCA. And they all seemed to be from some suburb of Montreal. :laughing:

CAN-CAN BABY!!! :tongue:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I think you would be doing a great injustice to the extreme efforts of the many Alumni/Reunion corps now in Canada. Although not competitive, as the corps you have hi lited,, the Alumni movement is strong and growing, especially in Ontario. Just saying,, (and probably a little biased too LOL)

Absolutely, having said that , congrats Craig on your launching of I hope will be and knowing your passion, will be an extremely successful venture. You have such great drum corps roots, Father, uncles , cousins and friends that have experienced this activity and made so many friends throughout their lives. Good luck and remember you can't please everyone, but I applaud you for trying. I look forward to the evolution of your site and I am sure that DoctorNik will be pleased with the outcome ...... I particularly like your corps hi lited ...with respect always.......have fun!! :laughing: hey if they don't like it they don't have to ...very cool man!! :tongue::worthy: :worthy:

Absolutely, having said that , congrats Craig on your launching of I hope will be and knowing your passion, will be an extremely successful venture. You have such great drum corps roots, Father, uncles , cousins and friends that have experienced this activity and made so many friends throughout their lives. Good luck and remember you can't please everyone, but I applaud you for trying. I look forward to the evolution of your site and I am sure that DoctorNik will be pleased with the outcome ...... I particularly like your corps hi lited ...with respect always.......have fun!! :laughing: hey if they don't like it they don't have to ...very cool man!! :tongue::worthy: :worthy:

Thanks John... Looking forward to building the site further and starting to put in history of canadian corps... Going to have to get Don to submit a big write up on the Grenadiers' history!

I would love to see more history from the late 50's early 60's period myself... can't tell you how many times I competed in Canada from 1960 to 1964 with Fulton Gauchos... Kingston and Fulton were inseparable... I learned to drink in Canada... drinking age was 18 and I was... well we won't go there... but the wonderful times had were a great part of my growing up... Maurice LeGault's Les Troubadours... Kitchener Flying Dutchmen... Smiths Falls Lamplighters... whichever Montreal corps was alive at the time... Jolly Jesters... Royalaires... 2nd Signal... Ambassadors... Militaires... Commanders and the list went on and on...

Oh Canada!!! I smile at the memories, but cry at what little is left... let's everyone get out there and support Kingston Grenadiers... and yes, thank goodness for the alumni, but hey, this is still drum corps... we need more competing corps up there...

I would love to see more history from the late 50's early 60's period myself... can't tell you how many times I competed in Canada from 1960 to 1964 with Fulton Gauchos... Kingston and Fulton were inseparable... I learned to drink in Canada... drinking age was 18 and I was... well we won't go there... but the wonderful times had were a great part of my growing up... Maurice LeGault's Les Troubadours... Kitchener Flying Dutchmen... Smiths Falls Lamplighters... whichever Montreal corps was alive at the time... Jolly Jesters... Royalaires... 2nd Signal... Ambassadors... Militaires... Commanders and the list went on and on...

Oh Canada!!! I smile at the memories, but cry at what little is left... let's everyone get out there and support Kingston Grenadiers... and yes, thank goodness for the alumni, but hey, this is still drum corps... we need more competing corps up there...

Tom,

I'll be adding a section about Alumni corps, Former corps that no longer exist, and of course what has happened to them all.. This will be put under the Historical tab which will hopefully be added within a couple weeks. It's actually going to be fun looking up all these old corps from across the country, both Jr & Sr.. I'll try to find some info from the 50's/60's eras, luckily I do have some volunteers who have offered to help provide historical facts & pictures from the earlier days of drum corps.

It's sad really, that there is nothing out of Montreal anymore... Les Metropolitains in '94 finished 4th at Finals with a very nice size corps... 1 year later, gone.. never to return.. Thankfully we still have the Grenadiers, and I would love to see them grow and move back into open class.. As a former member and lifetime fan, the corps will forever be in my heart! (hence why they get the primary focus on the competitive aspect of the site) :laughing:

I always loved it when we went to a show and saw a corps carrying the Mapleleaf proudly. Good times! :tongue:

I'm a graphic designer, so I notice and wonder about things like the bass clef in your logo. While I'm a low brass guy, and the bass clef is my best friend, I've only seen all parts written in treble clef in drum corps. And even in British brass bands, I think the only bass clef part is for bass trombone; tubas even in treble?

Just like the look? Curious.

I love the Bass Clef as all Skyliners Alumni Contra parts are in bass Cleff. YES :tongue: