DCI's Facebook page reaches the 100,000 fans mark

Posting Guidelines for Drum Corps Planet ( quote ) :

" Members ( DCP ) shall not post commercial advertisements ".

Have we eliminated this commercial advertisement restriction, and commercial advertisements ( ala Facebook) on threads is now permitted ?

'Just asking, so we are all clear here on what the DCP guidelines are for DCP posting.

Edited by BRASSO

I'm clear.

Thank you Mr. Boo, for your post and the heads-up on the Facebook milestone.

Posting Guidelines for Drum Corps Planet ( quote ) :

" Members ( DCP ) shall not post commercial advertisements ".

Have we eliminated this commercial advertisement restriction, and commercial advertisements ( ala Facebook) on threads is now permitted ?

'Just asking, so we are all clear here on what the DCP guidelines are for DCP posting.

It's promoted here on Drum Corps Planet's "Front Page News Update, so if I'm advertising anything, (and DCI has ties with DCP), I'm promoting something DCP is also promoting.

Edited by Michael Boo

It's promoted here on Drum Corps Planet's "Front Page News Update, so if I'm advertising anything, (and DCI has ties with DCP), I'm promoting something DCP is also promoting.

Fair enough. As the saying goes .." there is an exception to every rule ", an this appears to fall into that realm.

There is apparently " commercial advertising " that is permissable on DCP threads, and " commercial advertising" that is impermissable " on DCP threads.

There is also the advice to " follow the money " to determine what's up with what on the surface seems like a conflict on posting guideline policy. Following such advice can lead to clarity and understanding on why somethng was allowed. I get that too. No problem.

Edited by BRASSO

Fair enough. As the saying goes .." there is an exception to every rule ", an this appears to fall into that realm.

There is apparently " commercial advertising " that is permissable on DCP threads, and " commercial adverstising that is impermissable " on DCP threads

There is also the advice to " follow the money " to determine what's up with what on the surface seems like a conflict on posting guideline policy. I get that too. No problem.

My take on the relationship of DCP and DCI is that it is symbiotic. DCP probably wouldn't exist without the junior corps forums, and, if I may be so bold, DCI needs DCP.

My take on the relationship of DCP and DCI is that it is symbiotic. DCP probably wouldn't exist without the junior corps forums, and, if I may be so bold, DCI needs DCP.

ergo, why THEIR " commercial advertising " is allowed on DCP, while other " commercial advertising " on DCP is verboten. I understand.

Edited by BRASSO

ergo, why THEIR " commercial advertising " is allowed on DCP, and other " commercial advertising " on DCP is verboten. I understand.

Are you aware DCI is listed as one of DCP's "Partners"? That means both have ongoing relationships with the other.

Are you aware DCI is listed as one of DCP's "Partners"? That means both have ongoing relationships with the other.

Who says that DCP is a vast wasteland, and that it serves no educational value to those that visit here ? Not I. I learn something new almost every time I visit here.

I just did. ( haha)

Edited by BRASSO