Has anyone ever done Salvation is Created by Chesnokov?

If not, why?

This could be the ballad of all ballads. What an absolutely beautiful song. You can find a stunning vocal version on the old tube.

I can see Phantom or SCV pulling this off.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if it still is, but for many years it was a warm-up for Spirit of Atlanta. And, yes, beautiful piece....

... goes to check corps reps...

and there's not much there. Nothing under 'Chesnokov'. 'Salvation is Created' has Windy City listed in 2005 as the only junior corps (although the composer is Alfred Reed; did he do a band piece based on Salvation?) and the Reading Buccaneers Alumni in 2001.

As with any Russian composer (but moreso than many others), the spelling of Tchesnokov (Tschesnokov, Tchesnokoff, Chesnokov, Chesnokoff, etc.) using the Latin alphabet can vary, so you may need to run a few different searches to cover all possibilities.

I know that I've heard Spirit play this piece as a warm-up in the lot over previous years. It's a favorite of mine, especially if you get to hear renditions by Russian choirs with their oktavists. :devil:

I think this thread should be moved. There is already a Ballads thread that was just started.

Edited by dciboy2000

We use it as a warm up at Teal.

The band arrangement is really nice too. More bands should play it.