After 2017....

So once the ten-year contract is done with World Championships @ the LOS, where do you think DCI should move to next?

Or should DCI stay @ LOS?

What do you think?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised to see them stay in Indy. Though I think would be interesting if they only did Indy every other year. Like go to a city they have never done before then go back to Indy and keep that rotation and see how it works.

I just got a survey from DCI yesterday asking about why I did (not) attend 2010 at LOS...and I told them because I like to travel around. While the main focus is drum corps...it is not my only reason for going...once was enough for me in Indianapolis. I'll check back for finals when they have it somewhere else..

Curiously enough...I have gone to DCA Finals every year it's been in Rochester...and there anin't much to do in Rochester....wonder what that means?

Edited by G-Rott

San Diego- Qualcomm Stadium.

Weather: Do we open the roof or not? No roof needed. Best summer weather in the US. Guarenteed sun and high 70's, with no humidity.

Outside Activities?: Lots of local things for fans to do. Ocean, Sea World, La Jolla, San Diego Zoo.... and LA is not that far.

Ticket Sales?: If past results reflect future performance: A huge, paid, crowd. And other positives.

Growth?: From 2007 Finals being here, 4 corps developed: Incognito, Mystikal, Hawthrone Gold, and VK returned.

Alumni corps developed: Kingsmen & Freelancers Alumni/mini corps.

LA at the Rose Bowl?....Or the new stadium in Pomona they are thinking about building? No. San Diego would be a much better venue.

Lastly, having Finals on the West Coast every once in awhile is only fair. It also alters tour enough so that the west coast gets to see what Allentown sees, at DCI West. For those who cant make Finals, DCI West could be their Finals as Allentown is, for some people back east. The 500 mile trip from San Fran to San Diego- or those who live in Oregon and Washington State...Stanford is a little closer to them.

Lastly, out of 45 years of DCI by 2017....Please consider California for at least 2 of them.

Honorable mention...and another western locale: Denver.

Edited by Dmlkmen

San Diego- Qualcomm Stadium.

Weather: Do we open the roof or not? No roof needed. Best summer weather in the US. Guarenteed sun and high 70's, with no humidity.

That sounds good to me... and I live on the East coast.

From what I've heard from people who've visited there, San Diego has to have the best weather for outdoor events in the entire USA.

Seattle... Perfect Summer weather (none if any humidity). Great city to explore (Pikes place market anyone?). Easy access to head back East or South (I-5 and I-90). Open dome stadium or closed if it rains. Any other good arguments for this great place?

Qweststadium1.jpg

Qweststadium.jpg

I would say Denver because I live 3 blocks from Invesco Field and

can simply walk over to see the show! :tongue:

And the weather in Colorado is usually excellent.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them stay in Indy. Though I think would be interesting if they only did Indy every other year. Like go to a city they have never done before then go back to Indy and keep that rotation and see how it works.

That's what the Percussive Arts Society is just starting to do. After the organization headquarters moved to Indy, PAS decided to have PASIC (Percussive Arts Society International Convention) in Indy for two years, then move to another city for one year and then come back for two years, etc. They just started the rotation last year but will be in Indy the first time for three years to celebrate the PAS 50th Anniversary in their hometown, where they have also built the incredible Rhythm Discovery Center.