What cymbal attaching device?

Jim Nevermann

Although I can NOT remember a winter drumline's name [drat!] I recently saw a 3/4-view, warming-up-in-the-lot photo of their four or five person bass line. Each bass had a small, hi-hat sized cymbal mounted vertically on one side of the bass, near the rim, on holders I'd never seen before.

I know that the holders were not LP "Claws" or similar but, if I remember, shell-mounted devices. And they weren't the old-style concert bass drum cymbal holders like some concert bands still use, either.

I think the group was one of the higher placing winter lines... wearing predominantly black & tan, sort of plain uniforms?

Regardless, does anyone know what company makes that unusual cymbal holder [unless they were homemade]? I pay little attention to WGI, so I don't remember the group's name. Otherwise I'd simply eMail them for the info.

Although I can NOT remember a winter drumline's name [drat!] I recently saw a 3/4-view, warming-up-in-the-lot photo of their four or five person bass line. Each bass had a small, hi-hat sized cymbal mounted vertically on one side of the bass, near the rim, on holders I'd never seen before.

I know that the holders were not LP "Claws" or similar but, if I remember, shell-mounted devices. And they weren't the old-style concert bass drum cymbal holders like some concert bands still use, either.

I think the group was one of the higher placing winter lines... wearing predominantly black & tan, sort of plain uniforms?

Regardless, does anyone know what company makes that unusual cymbal holder [unless they were homemade]? I pay little attention to WGI, so I don't remember the group's name. Otherwise I'd simply eMail them for the info.

I'm not sure about the group you saw, but it sounds EXACTLY what 2coolpercussion made for the band I teach (EXTREMELY affordable too). We wanted to mount a cymbal like that on our basses this year, sent him a drawing, and he created one and sent us photos. After we got the mount, we put an 8in splash on the mount and put a cross crasher on top of it to get a really trashy sound.

it sounds EXACTLY what 2coolpercussion

I looked around in 2cool's site but saw nothing like what those bass drums were using... perhaps because 2cool hasn't had the time to put it up yet. Nevertheless, thanks for your suggestion.

Found the pix source... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UclTBPZhKg0...feature=related

The still photo at 0:07, in a parking lot with five bass drummers not in uniform.

What company makes that cymbal holder? It's not listed/shown anywhere in the Mapex site this came from. And what group is that bass line from?

Edited by Jim Nevermann

I have no idea who made the cymbal holder, but I do know that the Group is Timber Creek Independent

Also, the first still shot is from MY school

Thanks, das.

Hi

Ron Thorpe 2 Cool Percussion, here is that cymbal attachment for marching bass drum.

Click on the link to see my new part from 2 Cool Percussion, http://www.2coolpercussion.com/index_048.htm

Let me know if you guys are in need of a few for you drum lines.

ron@2coolpercussion.com or just call 423-462-2059

Thanks for looking.