White Sabers Open House Wrap-up

The White Sabers organization is very pleased to announce that their 2011 DCA Class A show is entitled "Rhapsody in Shades of Blue" and will include songs with "Blue" in the title.

Included in the 3 or 4 VERY different genres we will be performing this year will be George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue", Frank Ticheli's "Blue Shades" along with other recognizable pieces of work.

This announcement was made Saturday evening at the White Sabers annual banquet by Ben Chaffee, Leslie and Pete Amico.

The evening was an enjoyable event that was well attended as current and past members congregated to share laughs and stories, with several new faces noted in the crowd.

Everyone had an enjoyable time and many were still talking about it Sunday morning at the start of the day's practice.

Sunday's practice began at 9:00am as over 30 members assembled to begin the quest of obtaining this corps first DCA Class A championship.

Ben reviewed the goals for 2011 and what he expected from each member and then the corps got down to business.

Much work was covered over the next 6 hours and not only did we get some music done but Sean Peterson had us working on basic drill exercises in our rather spacious indoor rehearsal facility.

At the end of the practice session all 3 sections of the corps returned to perform and to show off what they had accomplished.

The December practice schedule is in the final stages of confirmation and will be posted in the very near future, both on our web site (http://whitesabers.net) and on Drum Corps Planet.

I love Rhapsody in Blue.... Looking forward to seeing your show this summer.

I love Rhapsody in Blue.... Looking forward to seeing your show this summer.

It's a great show. Ben and Joe have really done a great job with this book.

And Dean and A.J. got more accomplished with our colorguard today than any other year prior.

I hate to admit it but..........they're already ahead of the hornline and the drum section.

Plus we're almost 99% sure we added another guard member with DCI/DCA experience shortly after today's practice.

It's going to be a great year to be a White Saber.

Edited by contra331

Although tidbits of "Blue Shades" will be used through out the entire show, its definately not the focus. It IS going to be very cool showing off all the various shades of blue we're going to come up with.

it IS a great year to be a White Saber!

The White Sabers organization is very pleased to announce that their 2011 DCA Class A show is entitled "Rhapsody in Shades of Blue" and will include songs with "Blue" in the title.

Included in the 3 or 4 VERY different genres we will be performing this year will be George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue", Frank Ticheli's "Blue Shades" along with other recognizable pieces of work.

This announcement was made Saturday evening at the White Sabers annual banquet by Ben Chaffee, Leslie and Pete Amico.

The evening was an enjoyable event that was well attended as current and past members congregated to share laughs and stories, with several new faces noted in the crowd.

Everyone had an enjoyable time and many were still talking about it Sunday morning at the start of the day's practice.

Sunday's practice began at 9:00am as over 30 members assembled to begin the quest of obtaining this corps first DCA Class A championship.

Ben reviewed the goals for 2011 and what he expected from each member and then the corps got down to business.

Much work was covered over the next 6 hours and not only did we get some music done but Sean Peterson had us working on basic drill exercises in our rather spacious indoor rehearsal facility.

At the end of the practice session all 3 sections of the corps returned to perform and to show off what they had accomplished.

The December practice schedule is in the final stages of confirmation and will be posted in the very near future, both on our web site (http://whitesabers.net) and on Drum Corps Planet.

Doesn't Foreigner have a song with "Blue" in it???

Good luck to you guys!!!! Leslie, your a class act and Joe is a great addition for the corps.!!! Have a great season!!

The White Sabers have a LOT of classy people :-) I'll stop in some time and see you guys! Good luck this season.

Chuckles -

P.S. I'm glad there are songs the crowd will recognize this year. :-) You know I love you guys :-)

Edited by msjbass

The White Sabers have a LOT of classy people :-) I'll stop in some time and see you guys! Good luck this season.

Chuckles -

P.S. I'm glad there are songs the crowd will recognize this year. :-) You know I love you guys :-)

You realize that if you stop by you'll get hooked on our show and not want to leave.

But you're always welcome!!!!!