RIP Gerry Tremblay

I'm fortunate enough to have been Gerry's friend for over 30 years. We marched in The Royalaires, Regionnaires, Hamilton Firefighters and St Joes alumni togther. For the past 16 years we travelled to St Joes together every week. During that time I can't ever recall Gerry having a bad thing to say about anyone (except maybe one time when he voiced his dis-approval at Bill M's new ear ring! LOL). The worst he would say is "it's somethin' different" or "aghh ... it's OK" . I'll miss him holding onto his passport at the border until the last minute 'cause he thought I'd lose it (and I kind'a did one time), or making me stop every 40 miles to ... well never mind, and especially for putting up with all my corny mellophone jokes (he actually thought I was kidding). It will be a long time before I stop looking for his car to be coming down my street on Sunday mornings.

Rest in peace my friend, Heather and I will miss you.

Funeral arrangements for Gerry

McCleister Funeral Home

495 Park Road North

Brantford, Ont

Visitation: Monday, Nov. 22, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

Visitation: Tuesday, Nov. 23, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm

FUNERAL SERVICE: Tuesday, Nov. 23, 2:00 pm

Note that there is no graveside service.

Family requesst: please wear you corps jackets.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of you on this forum have never heard of Gerry Tremblay.

Gerry was killed in a horrible car crash just outside of Hamilton, Ontario yesterday afternoon.

Gerry was a LONG time member of Mighty St. Joe's Alumni Corps playing in the mellophone section. Prior to that he marched with the Hamilton Firefighters Drum Corps, Niagara Regionaires Sr. Drum Corps, many years with the Guelph Royalaires and as a kid with Preston Scout House in the early 1960's.

Gerry wasn't the soloist, wasn't the famous arranger, wasn't the well-known corps director. Gerry was a quiet, kind, gentle guy who just marched in the line....and you could always count on him to be there. He loved drum corps more than anything. Every year at MSJ he would say "This is my last year" and he always turned up at the first rehearsal of the new year. He enjoyed his friends and the fellowship we all know in senior and alumni corps and those of us who knew him will miss him ever so much.

There are no arrangements yet...

RIP Gerry Tremblay.

MY CONDOLENCES TO THE FAMILY,SORRY TO HEAR OF THIS TRAGEDY ,MAY GERRY REST IN PEACE.

CHACH

Member Caballeros Alumni

I will miss his smile. He was never without it.