Eclipse?

Forgive me for being naive about this, but what happened to Eclipse from Westfield, IN? Did they just disband or something....? I know there was a huge argument on the Indiana forums and I had not heard anything about them at all since then.

Edited by who the?

I believe that's the one that was supposedly a hoax. If I recall correctly, it was a huge announcement, then a lot of flack went forth, then the website was pulled almost immediately.

I believe that's the one that was supposedly a hoax. If I recall correctly, it was a huge announcement, then a lot of flack went forth, then the website was pulled almost immediately.

They competed for half the season in 2003. Placed well at dcm in div 3

Edited by MelloHorn13

You are thinking of Eklipse, who did very well in a shortened season and I believe is still sponsoring a winterguard?

Eclipse was a new project that was announced last year and quickly faded away

You are thinking of Eklipse, who did very well in a shortened season and I believe is still sponsoring a winterguard?

Eclipse was a new project that was announced last year and quickly faded away

The internet has made these "paper" projects too easy. People need to avoid making these public announcements until they have some of the little things in place, like MONEY, management, staff, volunteers, etc., etc.

Okay, it's all over now, so I feel less bad talking about it.

Eclipse was a project started by a young man with a lot of .... guts...

He came up with a web-site making claims about fielding a corps in 2011, having auditions, etc. He was in contact with at least one corps director I know and claimed to have had an audition with 114 (i think) perspective members showing up.

He basically "recruited" and "cut-n-pasted" a bunch of people's information into a bio page, including "HOWDY"...

The he went onto indianamarching.com and basically said, "Hey Indiana, you have a corps in 2011"...and there were links on his site that allowed you to pay-pal him your info for audition packets, etc. I had a student discover it, and ask me when they would be able to purchase their audition packet, and the "Guard Dog" came out in me. I knew it wasn't "right" but I didn't know how "wrong" it really was until I brought his link here, and shared it with the community who held up the light rather quickly. Several "staffers" from eclipse came here and claimed to have had their information hijacked without their knowledge, etc.

Then I found out he was a high school kid, and I felt really bad about how hard I came down on him. But he DID claim to be 22....so I didn't question that at first. I only found out he was in High School after I contacted a school he claimed to design for (So I could find out what was going on with auditions) and was ONLY THEN informed that he was in High School.

So basically, it was a big bag of wind, and I looked even worse for bringing the hammer down as hard as I did.

~Michael.

Okay, it's all over now, so I feel less bad talking about it.

Eclipse was a project started by a young man with a lot of .... guts...

He came up with a web-site making claims about fielding a corps in 2011, having auditions, etc. He was in contact with at least one corps director I know and claimed to have had an audition with 114 (i think) perspective members showing up.

He basically "recruited" and "cut-n-pasted" a bunch of people's information into a bio page, including "HOWDY"...

The he went onto indianamarching.com and basically said, "Hey Indiana, you have a corps in 2011"...and there were links on his site that allowed you to pay-pal him your info for audition packets, etc. I had a student discover it, and ask me when they would be able to purchase their audition packet, and the "Guard Dog" came out in me. I knew it wasn't "right" but I didn't know how "wrong" it really was until I brought his link here, and shared it with the community who held up the light rather quickly. Several "staffers" from eclipse came here and claimed to have had their information hijacked without their knowledge, etc.

Then I found out he was a high school kid, and I felt really bad about how hard I came down on him. But he DID claim to be 22....so I didn't question that at first. I only found out he was in High School after I contacted a school he claimed to design for (So I could find out what was going on with auditions) and was ONLY THEN informed that he was in High School.

So basically, it was a big bag of wind, and I looked even worse for bringing the hammer down as hard as I did.

~Michael.

Michael;

What you did is exactly what you should have done. There have been too many young people with the ability to write a few web pages that have gotten many people all excited for nothing. They need to understand how desperate the activity is for any new growth at this point, and how discouraging it is to read about project after project being a load of crap. I can think of five or six so-called new corps projects in the last several years that should never have seen the light of day. People with actual backgrounds and skills have let these people use their names in connection with these pipe dreams, only to have it blow up in their faces.

Edited by noneofyourbusiness