WGI iPhone/iPod Touch App Review

kevingamin

Recently, Winter Guard International released their own iOS app, joining the ranks of Drum Corps International, Drum Corps Europe, the Blue Devils, and the Phantom Regiment as marching arts organizations with apps for the iPhone and iPod Touch. While there are some similarities between this and the other apps, the WGI app has a couple unique features which have potential to cross over to some or all of the other apps.

The primary purpose of the WGI app is to inform and market the activity. As a result, most of the app is focused on delivering information. The app features sections focused on upcoming events, the latest news, scores (currently empty), and WGI’s Facebook and Twitter feeds. Tapping on an item in a section brings up more information on that item. For example, tapping on an event brings up the scheduled participants, location, seating diagrams, and how to buy tickets. Navigation is straightforward and simple.

Continue Reading

I think it's fantastic!!! love it!!!

Can't wait for the 2010 material to become available, too.

By the way, the WGI Fan Network subscriptions expired on Saturday, so it's time to renew if you want access to the archives and to any live event webcasts during the season.

I also found another new i-phone app that is really cool. Check out rifle toss....a fun little game for all of us guard folks...I can't put it down.

I also found another new i-phone app that is really cool. Check out rifle toss....a fun little game for all of us guard folks...I can't put it down.

Just downloaded it. We'll see how good a brass player can be at tossing a rifle. :P