It's been a decade...

I respect all who agree and disagree with my statements. I know the OC Corps r busy doing other things then worrying about their fan base. That is why my statements where not about the Corps themselves. It's the people who run the OC Div. Its so easy to say I disagree and have nothing to back up why one disagrees. I will make it easy on those who disagree with my disrespect statement. Provide a link on here and proof of anything the OC Div. leaders have done to engage the OC legacy fan base. Once that data is provided and valid in this thread I will do a mea culpa.

Dean

Whom do you think the 'OC Leaders' are?

The OC Directors and an OC Coordinator are all we have.

I think we are all a bit lost on what your point is, so it would probably be easier for you to prove your point that to ask everyone who don't understand where you are coming from to prove theirs.

I respect all who agree and disagree with my statements. I know the OC Corps r busy doing other things then worrying about their fan base. That is why my statements where not about the Corps themselves. It's the people who run the OC Div. Its so easy to say I disagree and have nothing to back up why one disagrees. I will make it easy on those who disagree with my disrespect statement. Provide a link on here and proof of anything the OC Div. leaders have done to engage the OC legacy fan base. Once that data is provided and valid in this thread I will do a mea culpa.

Dean

Whom do you think the 'OC Leaders' are?

The OC Directors and an OC Coordinator are all we have.

I think we are all a bit lost on what your point is, so it would probably be easier for you to prove your point that to ask everyone who don't understand where you are coming from to prove theirs.

I agree with Chris. I'm not trying to 'gang'-up on you Dean, but the leaders of the OC Division are not some big, corporate board - meeting in a high-rise tower board room somewhere, with a massive budget to work with. "OC Div. leaders" ARE the Corps Directors themselves, and they work within the budgets of each of their individual organizations, which we have already established are fairly limited.

Again - would you rather they spend their energies and budgets reaching out to the Legacy fans? Or have them use their budgets and energy ensuring there is a quality experience for their kids, and through the health of their respective organizations, continue to offer an OC division today, tomorrow and into the future?

Maybe this is a better question - In what ways do you think the OC Division has failed in reaching out to Legacy fans?..., and what would you see them do instead?

Edited by Canadacorps

I agree with Chris. I'm not trying to 'gang'-up on you Dean, but the leaders of the OC Division are not some big, corporate board - meeting in a high-rise tower board room somewhere, with a massive budget to work with. "OC Div. leaders" ARE the Corps Directors themselves, and they work within the budgets of each of their individual organizations, which we have already established are fairly limited.

Again - would you rather they spend their energies and budgets reaching out to the Legacy fans? Or have them use their budgets and energy ensuring there is a quality experience for their kids, and through the health of their respective organizations, continue to offer an OC division today, tomorrow and into the future?

Maybe this is a better question - In what ways do you think the OC Division has failed in reaching out to Legacy fans?..., and what would you see them do instead?

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

100% correct.

Working with Racine Scouts, the entire corps was operated by a small board a directors, a corps director who also served as the executive director and the president of the board, a business manager and a program coordinator. There were was ALOT to do to keep the corps running smoothly with the limited nummber of people.

When I was program coordinator, I was also a full time student, had my own private studio, worked with 3 other marching marching bands, marched senior corps and on top of all that I commuted two hours to Racine, WI from Chicago three times a week to work bingo, setup fundraisers, recruit, run errands, do paperwork, have staff meetings, keep contacts with parents, members, alumni and volunteers. Hell there were even times where I was giving lessons to members via Skype just to get in extra instructional time between camps.

Now you tell me where I had time to to go out and tend to the "legacy" corps. Honestly, I've made attempts to get alumni of folded corps to support the Racine Scouts, partcipate in our Alunni events and fundraisers. I consistently got no replys or simply got blew off. So why waste time and energy when it could be focusing on making my organization stronger.

As stated before, there's a little bit of confusion between you and everyone else.

• Like 1