January 29, 2011

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"All Good People" did 78,8 (1-29-11)

The score may not have shown it but Fahrenheit was amazing. The old Fahrenheit is back in full force, fun, exciting, great energy, they blew the doors off the gym. Look for Orlando Visual to make finales unless they get promoted and even then look for them in finales. Great show Stephen Porter is really make his mark as a designer, and that leads me to Lyman HS love this show it has great potental thought it should have won this class. Gainsville Ind. was also rocking the house, fun to watch and the boys really got tude, they stole the show. Apopka HS is really polished for the first show, hard work has paid off, the performers were so well trained and the show so well writen, the use of the props was so smooth throughout the show really enjoyed watching these kids. Of course many of the high schools only had partial shows done but the season looks very promising in the FFCC

Edited by guard is my drug of choice

The score may not have shown it but Fahrenheit was amazing. The old Fahrenheit is back in full force, fun, exciting, great energy, they blew the doors off the gym. Look for Orlando Visual to make finales unless they get promoted and even then look for them in finales. Great show Stephen Porter is really make his mark as a designer, and that leads me to Lyman HS love this show it has great potental thought it should have won this class. Gainsville Ind. was also rocking the house, fun to watch and the boys really got tude, they stole the show. Apopka HS is really polished for the first show, hard work has paid off, the performers were so well trained and the show so well writen, the use of the props was so smooth throughout the show really enjoyed watching these kids. Of course many of the high schools only had partial shows done but the season looks very promising in the FFCC

Who teaches this Orlando Visual group?? They got an 82.2 in January I don't see them staying in A for very long unless their score was really inflated!!

Thanks for this recap!!!

Some quick thoughts from Ohio. . .

Bellbrook looks to improve upon their 10th place finish at WGI last year. Performing a show entitled Mysterium Avis, these mysterious birds look strong in all captions. Very intelligent writing and smart design choices really showcase their 19 members. At times Bellbrook looked like an open guard, and that will bode well for them in the ever super competitive SA class. This show will entertain and score well throughout the season. Major kudos to both the design team and performers.

Northmont is back to SO which looks like a good fit for them. Their show entitled BeLIEeve showcases 12 members who perform on abstract swirls of blues and greens. A dynamic orchestral soundtrack drives this show that is augmented with intense and intricate work. There are some design issues with flow and cohesiveness, but if they get those ironed out, I think this show could take them into SO finals.

Miamisburg has again reinvented themselves, and this season they’ve gone brooding and dark. Set on all black, the show entitled S.O.S (sound of silence) opens with morse code. Throughout the show a lone acoustic female voice hauntingly sings the sounds of silence. The song is sliced and diced, and at times during the show the soundtrack just stops as to metaphorically reflect the silence…and there’s something special about watching Miamisburg perform in silence (’91 Anyone?) :-) The Burg again showcases extremely difficult work with refined technique. Surprisingly.. their Achilles caption (movement) has taken a HUGE step forward and the work that Carol Abohatab has done with this group is evident.

In other Ohio News. . .

I’ve heard that Onyx is in great shape to defend their title and performs 2 completely different shows simultaneously. Love the innovation coming from this design team. I also think they might field 40?

Zydeco performed for the first time this season to great results, and is a crowd favorite with a super high energy show. Everyone loves a bad guy, right?

I think they march 37?

O2 is holding their own in IW, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they sneak into IW finals. I hear there are some really good things taking place in this show with lots of room for growth.

Also in the not surprised box, I think Zydeco Open has a good chance to medal in IO, their literal and metaphorical take on being a zombie is being well received and performed at a very high level.

That's how things are shaping up in the Buckeye State! :smile:

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Quick South Florida recap...

SA:

Cypress Bay: these ladies are fierce! they're in it to win it!

SO:

West Broward: :omg: show design is phenomenal... week 1 and these girls dance and spin as well as any world class group.

Spanish River: a very creative show utilizing large hoops. very effective design!

Stoneman Douglas: fantastic show design, some great solo moments and that stoneman attitude we know and love! sadly they are not attending Dayton :cry:

SW:

Flanagan: this year we get to see a different, refreshing side of flanagan! this whimsical yet hypnotizing show will be one to watch this season!

Spill it - what are people doing?

regarding the world classes,one thing people in the audience are doing is screaming wildly and applauding like trained seals for simple tosses that are caught poorly and without technique.haphazard catch positions,misplaced and over-rotated tosses [often involving even the most elementary of skills] are greeted with hysterical screeching,clapping and approval.can we please put a stop to this? :shutup:

Edited by dugg