The Blue Knights 2011

Wow thanks for the update Tricia, I got a huge chuckle about your daughter falling asleep on you!:):):) I know that first hand as Alicia my wife used to talk to me after shows on the bus as we left a show and I'd fall asleep after talking for a bit. She and I still laugh about that!!!:) I'm hearing a great vibe from a good number of folks about BK, I think this is going to be be quite a summer!! Tell Craig it's alright to be giddy and I look forward to seeing him. I'm gonna go watch the Crossmen the next night or two and am excited to see Buckingam and Rance Costa, it's gonna be like a renunion during this summer for sure. Have a great time and good to hear from u!! GO BK GET ENGLISH BABY!!!! EMBRACE THE BAD TEETH!!! haha

Wes Perkins

BK 97 98

Wow thanks for the update Tricia, I got a huge chuckle about your daughter falling asleep on you!:):):) I know that first hand as Alicia my wife used to talk to me after shows on the bus as we left a show and I'd fall asleep after talking for a bit. She and I still laugh about that!!!:) I'm hearing a great vibe from a good number of folks about BK, I think this is going to be be quite a summer!! Tell Craig it's alright to be giddy and I look forward to seeing him. I'm gonna go watch the Crossmen the next night or two and am excited to see Buckingam and Rance Costa, it's gonna be like a renunion during this summer for sure. Have a great time and good to hear from u!! GO BK GET ENGLISH BABY!!!! EMBRACE THE BAD TEETH!!! haha

Wes Perkins

BK 97 98

Hey, Wes...I just spent some time in Colorado and was able to catch some rehearsal at Northside park and then a good three hours of ensemble at Adams City HS. If anything, this show is more difficult than last year's(thumb's up because last year's was sensational). The brass is sounding fantastic (BIG, FULL SOUND- the loudest BK line I have EVER heard)- I only saw one hole- less a few issues here and there with hearing all voices(its way early- and also still getting comfortable with drill)- but this corps is MOVING alot this year-with some great drill(they are using the whole field)- some choreography at this point. Wish I could have been higher up as there were moments I thought the staging of the percussion in front of the brass was drowning out the brass-ah -stuff to be worked out I guess. I believe that last year's show was a little tapped out as far as achievement(hence beating SCV early then fading). This year will leave alot of room as there will be plenty to clean/refine. Shepherd's Hay has a great percussion feature. Ralph Hardimon was there (he is intense/and fantastic-no wonder why he has had some great lines). I have never seen as many male colorguard members in a BK guard. Not that that will make a guard stronger, but it works as far as some of the work they do. They have much cleaning to do, but saw alot of really bright moments and will only get better. I got to see a run through at the end of the nite, only to be interrupted by the lights promptly shutting off at 10- corps into show about 5 min or so. Best line of the nite : "This needs to sound like you are coming out of an English Pub, not the gay bar."

Hey, Wes...I just spent some time in Colorado and was able to catch some rehearsal at Northside park and then a good three hours of ensemble at Adams City HS. If anything, this show is more difficult than last year's(thumb's up because last year's was sensational). The brass is sounding fantastic (BIG, FULL SOUND- the loudest BK line I have EVER heard)- I only saw one hole- less a few issues here and there with hearing all voices(its way early- and also still getting comfortable with drill)- but this corps is MOVING alot this year-with some great drill(they are using the whole field)- some choreography at this point. Wish I could have been higher up as there were moments I thought the staging of the percussion in front of the brass was drowning out the brass-ah -stuff to be worked out I guess. I believe that last year's show was a little tapped out as far as achievement(hence beating SCV early then fading). This year will leave alot of room as there will be plenty to clean/refine. Shepherd's Hay has a great percussion feature. Ralph Hardimon was there (he is intense/and fantastic-no wonder why he has had some great lines). I have never seen as many male colorguard members in a BK guard. Not that that will make a guard stronger, but it works as far as some of the work they do. They have much cleaning to do, but saw alot of really bright moments and will only get better. I got to see a run through at the end of the nite, only to be interrupted by the lights promptly shutting off at 10- corps into show about 5 min or so. Best line of the nite : "This needs to sound like you are coming out of an English Pub, not the gay bar."

Thanks for the update, sounds like the corps is off to fantastic start. What Ur saying is pretty much the vibe I'm getting- great hornline, upgraded guard, upgraded show/concept/drill and a young but stellar drumlins. This sounds like a corps that's ready to make a move forward this summer. Gonna be lots of fun watching BK and the competition as we get going!!! Can't wait, GO BK GET ENGLISH BABY!!!

Wes Perkins

BK 97 98

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw them at DCI West. By far my favorite show this year. Wonderful tune selections and true-to-the-original arrangements. Very effective Scottish twirling tenor feature by the keyboard players. Haven't enjoyed a drum corps show this much since Carolina Crown in 2007.

Just saw them at DCI West. By far my favorite show this year. Wonderful tune selections and true-to-the-original arrangements. Very effective Scottish twirling tenor feature by the keyboard players. Haven't enjoyed a drum corps show this much since Carolina Crown in 2007.

GO BLUE KNIGHTS!

• 2 weeks later...

GO BLUE KNIGHTS!

Is this the weekend we find out what your Drum Corps is made of? I really enjoy your show, the drill moves me, the horn line is wonderful, the Drum Line? I am a horn player(Low Brass baby) there is something about your Drum Line that I just can't figure out. imo When I watch a show designed this way for some reason I am always drawn to the Drum Line. Is this the weekend that your Drum Line finds an attitude? I sure hope so, I really like your show. Have a great weekend and Keep Working!

GO BLUE KNIGHTS! Find that attitude... Drum Line!

Edited by thirdcoast

From what I've seen on the Fan Network I already love this show. But I don't think I'm going to get to see this show live this year. :sad: I love the classic drill, and the sound out of the brass is amazing!

And here's my question to the folks in the know: is there really no synth in the pit? I don't see one in the Fan Network recordings, but it's hard to tell at that resolution. But it does look like a similar setup to last year, but without a synth crammed in there.

From what I've seen on the Fan Network I already love this show. But I don't think I'm going to get to see this show live this year. :sad: I love the classic drill, and the sound out of the brass is amazing!

And here's my question to the folks in the know: is there really no synth in the pit? I don't see one in the Fan Network recordings, but it's hard to tell at that resolution. But it does look like a similar setup to last year

To my understanding they have a piano player but I have heard numerous reports that they have ballsy low brass and NO THUNDEROUS GOO!! I'm excited to see the additions to the show as the corps is being pretty secret agent about it!! Do It Up BK, Time For The Home Shows!!!

GO BK GET ENGLISH BABY!! MFBK

Wes Perkins

BK 97 98

I ended up seeing this show twice, and can safely say it's my favorite show of the year.

Great tunes, and BRILLIANT arranging.

Hornline sounds great, drumline sounds solid. If they can clean up the visual (trainwreck at points... :/) then I think they'll do very well at finals.