Onyx

I was personally hoping they'd follow thru with never posting again...

:tongue: That was only if Onyx won remember! But they still havent fulfilled their word and revealed their name and identity. Which they said they would do WHEN Onyx lost :thumbdown: But who's keeping track?:devil::ph34r:

• Like 5

:tongue: That was only if Onyx won remember! But they still havent fulfilled their word and revealed their name and identity. Which they said they would do WHEN Onyx lost :thumbdown: But who's keeping track?:devil::ph34r:

Your idea and my idea of negative comments about Onyx's show are rather different. If you saw the show you can see that not all members touch equipment. With that being said, how is wondering how many of them can actually spin a negative comment?

My comment about how they acted in retreat was just an observation. One that MANY people had. Again, it was nothing negative about their "Abandonment To Impulse"

You like Onyx, great. You like their show, that's great too. I just happen to hate it, but at the same time I realize that "everything ain't for everybody."

I did honestly think about putting my name in a post after WGI but, then thought, what's the point? I have a very common name, googling me will turn up a whole lot of nothing. I will say this; I'm not a judge, I'm not a director, and I'm not currently marching. I'm just a guy, who has marched on the floor in Dayton, who has won a gold medal on that very floor and loves Skylarks, Cavaliers, Erte Productions, Odyssey, Northern Lights and so many others that I can't name them all. I just can't say I love Onyx's 2011 show. I did enjoy them last year but even then, didn't think they should have beaten SCV. I'm sure you will see that as a negative comment, but that's my opinion.

Oh, and it's YOU who is keeping track.

• Like 2

Your idea and my idea of negative comments about Onyx's show are rather different. If you saw the show you can see that not all members touch equipment. With that being said, how is wondering how many of them can actually spin a negative comment?

My comment about how they acted in retreat was just an observation. One that MANY people had. Again, it was nothing negative about their "Abandonment To Impulse"

You like Onyx, great. You like their show, that's great too. I just happen to hate it, but at the same time I realize that "everything ain't for everybody."

I did honestly think about putting my name in a post after WGI but, then thought, what's the point? I have a very common name, googling me will turn up a whole lot of nothing. I will say this; I'm not a judge, I'm not a director, and I'm not currently marching. I'm just a guy, who has marched on the floor in Dayton, who has won a gold medal on that very floor and loves Skylarks, Cavaliers, Erte Productions, Odyssey, Northern Lights and so many others that I can't name them all. I just can't say I love Onyx's 2011 show. I did enjoy them last year but even then, didn't think they should have beaten SCV. I'm sure you will see that as a negative comment, but that's my opinion.

Oh, and it's YOU who is keeping track.

'love'

• Like 1

and while I just scrolled through wikipedia's fun street art section I came across this. how fun!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cedricbernadotte.jpg

Lovely. In my opinion, looks like a prank pulled by immature high school students. But...you can call it art...I could care less.

Edited by RiseUP79

I agree. I don't recall ever seeing more than 15 people with equipment in their hands at any given time....... random running, random tossing, random cellophane.... While Onyx's show was not to my liking, I recently found out that Michael Lentz designed South Shore's show. My hat's off to him for that one. It was one of my favorite show's of the whole weekend.

South Shore has ALWAYS been a favorite of WGI audiences...they are South Shore...year in and year out...with or without Lentz.

And PS, he also did Lawrence Central HS...which left the audience more confused and disgusted than I have seen a WGI finals audience in a LONG time. I felt really bad for the kids because of the total disconnect with the audience.

Many of the groups at WGI have people that 'design'...the real magic is often created by the choreographers (M. Lentz is NOT known for his skill in this dept.) and the gifted teachers that work with the students at daily rehearsals trying to clean, clarify, and make sense of what the designer has 'created'.

Edited by RiseUP79
  • Like 1

ok ok, so you don't like street art, installation art, dadaism, ready-made, performance, kinetic, anti-art and the like. but it is still art, it still makes you think, and it is still valuable.

Lovely. In my opinion, looks like a prank pulled by immature high school students. But...you can call it art...I have no problem with that.

• Like 3