Onyx

Seemed is a very big word and as they say, everything isn't what it seems.. I have nothing against the members of Onyx, I have nothing against Michael Lentz. I found his post arrogant and insulting to the audience but have no ill will towards him as a person or the members of his guard. I have enjoyed their shows in the past. I actually grew to like last years show. I personally felt they did far too many ripples but at least they were spinning last year.

I also praised what be did for South Shore. That guard has always had the talent and it was great to see them with a well designed show. I know the guy is talented. It is obvious. He took a risk with his own guard this year and it didn't pay off for me, and several others.

As far as continually adding negativity to the topic, this is a discussion about Onyx, if all that was posted were comments from one side, it wouldn't be much of a discussion would it? This is the real world, not Disney World, everything is NOT positive. It's time to but on your big boy pants and grasp that concept.

Like I said not everything has to be positive. If you would like to get sarcastic, then put on your "big boy pants" when you see a show you dont like, Critique the show and get out, dont sit on your computer whining repeatedly about it.

Edited by TubaJon
  • Like 2

Like I said not everything has to be positive. If you would like to get sarcastic, then put on your "big boy pants" when you see a show you dont like, Critique the show and get out, dont sit on your computer whining repetiveley about it.

Why don't you take your own advice and apply it to people who don't like a show. And, repetiveley is NOT a word. If you had on your big boy brain, you would know that.

Edited by TKYR_FA1986

Why don't you take your own advice and apply it to people who don't like a show. And, repetiveley is NOT a word. If you had on your big boy brain, you would know that.

Thanks professor! I fixed it for you. Do I pass your english test now?

• Like 1

good god is this topic still going on? exhausting

I agree sometimes you can beat something to death BUT I'm glad people are looking for answers and NOT just letting something go like many of the powers to be expect. Example: last year many questions were asked of WHY the top 3 had broken or at least stretched the rules and no matter how many times it was asked noone answered until it was droped. Then at the WGI meeting in May all of a sudden World class had less rules, HMMMMM..... So in one respect I'm glad to see people looking for answers. As I said in an earlier post Maybe a judge and criteria based answers are in order. Who cares what an indudual's vision was. How it was judged and why it succeeded is more important especially to young newer designers trying to make heards ot tails of this activity.

Just one correction - Pacificaires are not French Canadian. They are from British Columbia - which is on the west coast of Canada (French Canadians live in Quebec - on the East Coast)

Later,

Mike

• Like 1

I agree with a previous poster who stated that they would much rather hear from the judges. I have no trouble with what Onyx put on the floor - that is their choice and more power to them - but I do have an issue with some of the judging - as there did seem to be focus, clarity, intent, and transition issues and a lack of equipment vocabulary - so it would be interesting to find out more about the judging process with respect to this show.

Not to bash or anything - but really - just to learn more - because I am more than a little baffled!

Later,

Mike

• Like 3

Thanks professor! I fixed it for you. Do I pass your english test now?

Actually yes, you do pass but with a C-. Repetitively would have been more appropriate. It is "repetiveley" that is not a word. For future use

Basically, 'repetitively' contains negative tone. If something's repetitively done, it's done repeatedly to a point of boredom and you can't stand it. 'Repeatedly' could be interpreted as 'repetitively' without its negative tone.

Actually yes, you do pass but with a C-. Repetitively would have been more appropriate. It is "repetiveley" that is not a word. For future use

Basically, 'repetitively' contains negative tone. If something's repetitively done, it's done repeatedly to a point of boredom and you can't stand it. 'Repeatedly' could be interpreted as 'repetitively' without its negative tone.

You know, to be completely honest, I had no idea there was a difference. You learn something new everyday. :thumbup:

• Like 3